Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We'll be having our Holiday Bowl Podcast Special tonight at 5PM

2»

Comments

• Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,466
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    There should be a Covid playoffs. The team that wins out with the least cases is the champion
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,107
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

How bout some spud wallet stories? Sedro-woolley legend and former mayor/ rasslin coach.

He was Way before our time
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    @DerekJohnson

Maybe a talking point could be that UW is seen as dead/poor for hiring a MW coach in a year where they admittedly are cleaning up. 4-6 really good teams and they're 5-1 in bowls, dominated the Pac 12.

Maybe they've figured something about about west coast recruiting while these Pac 12 teams have fucked around with trying to get a "national brand".
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

How bout some spud wallet stories? Sedro-woolley legend and former mayor/ rasslin coach.

Okay. We whupped them 2 years in a row for the State Championship.

SW was good. But not as good as us.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Okay. We whupped them 2 years in a row for the State Championship.

SW was good. But not as good as us.
    ‘83? ‘84? The football team for years was more interested in the parties at various gravel pits in Skagit County after those years
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beat Sedro Woolley for the league championship when I was 11. Sedro had this kid who was like 7'10" at 12 years old. He was pretty much their whole team. Our coach told us his name was "Leroy," and our job was to take him out. We had the fastest kid in the league that year, and he scored at least five touchdowns in every game. Would have been a rout, but it poured down rain all night and then all gameday, and Sedro's high school field was a total mudhole. Legend has it they turned the sprinklers on to level the playing field even further. Anyway, our fast kid couldn't get his feet going, so it turned into an ankle-deep-mud pushing match.

Both teams scored twice. I think we won 14 to 13 or something. Took down Leroy in the open field from my corner position on a reverse to save a touchdown. Best play of my "career."

/csb
  • Options
    Founders Club

Beat Sedro Woolley for the league championship when I was 11. Sedro had this kid who was like 7'10" at 12 years old. He was pretty much their whole team. Our coach told us his name was "Leroy," and our job was to take him out. We had the fastest kid in the league that year, and he scored at least five touchdowns in every game. Would have been a rout, but it poured down rain all night and then all gameday, and Sedro's high school field was a total mudhole. Legend has it they turned the sprinklers on to level the playing field even further. Anyway, our fast kid couldn't get his feet going, so it turned into an ankle-deep-mud pushing match.

Both teams scored twice. I think we won 14 to 13 or something. Took down Leroy in the open field from my corner position on a reverse to save a touchdown. Best play of my "career."

/csb

Five reasons _________ will beat the Sedro Woolley Junior division on Saturday
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    Swaye's Wigwam

/csb

Five reasons _________ will beat the Sedro Woolley Junior division on Saturday
    1.) Inbreeding
    2.) Inbreeding
    3.) Inbreeding
    4.) Inbreeding
    5.) Speed, speed, speed