Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pitt QB Kenny Pickett will skip Peach Bowl vs. Michigan State, prepare for NFL Draft

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,974
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Wtf? Thanks ESPN.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I call him Kenny Skip-It
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021
    Shut it down. They either need to make the playoffs a 32-team thing or abandon all bowls except for playoff games.

Back in the day, players would use bowl games as a chance to showcase their talent against a good team.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Neuheisel had a good idea that eventually the bowl games will be preseason NC games just rebranded
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    LOL what a fag. hope this causes him to fall on draft boards.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2021

Shut it down. They either need to make the playoffs a 32-team thing or abandon all bowls except for playoff games.

Back in the day, players would use bowl games as a chance to showcase their talent against a good team.

Was the nfl combine a 5 day televised event back then, too? What about teams individual pro days?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

Was the nfl combine a 5 day televised event back then, too? What about teams individual pro days?
    They still did all that shit, too. I'm talking about proving yourself against competition, not underwear olympics.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The bowls are stupid at this point. The players don’t care. Just switch it to a larger playoff and quit acting like anyone cares about playing in an NY6 bowl.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,248
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I don’t know, I kind of enjoy watching mediocre teams coached by interim hc’s and players who shook hands with a scout at some point sitting out…”please respeck my decision”…
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The bowls should only exist as round one of the playoffs. This era dictates that every team in the post season be "in it", or the good players have no motivation to play.

Make it a big tournament.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

The bowls should only exist as round one of the playoffs. This era dictates that every team in the post season be "in it", or the good players have no motivation to play.

Though December Devastation and January Justice doesn't sound quite as good as March Madness, I tend to agree with you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Maybe the bowls would be round two or three if you did it right. 32 team tournament and the round of 8 is the bowl games. I'd be for it if reduced to four bowl games in the semis instead.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Maybe the bowls would be round two or three if you did it right. 32 team tournament and the round of 8 is the bowl games. I'd be for it if reduced to four bowl games in the semis instead.
    Just kill the bowls. It’s like staying in a broken relationship. Other than Utah nobody gives a shit about any bowl game this year. The bowls serve no purpose. Just mimic the division 2 playoff, squeeze it for all the money and move on. It’s going to happen but prolonging it is even dumber.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Just kill the bowls. It’s like staying in a broken relationship. Other than Utah nobody gives a shit about any bowl game this year. The bowls serve no purpose. Just mimic the division 2 playoff, squeeze it for all the money and move on. It’s going to happen but prolonging it is even dumber.
    I know what you mean, but I guessed that some of the bowl relationships are too profitable to throw away, and they wouldn't detract from anything. A round of big games with all the pageantry and other faggy shit along with the premium advertising dollars on new year's day still seems like it could be a useful part of the equation to me. Timing is almost perfect to make that the quarter or semi finals.