Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Games in the snow?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I couldn't find a pic from the 1985 game, where UW officials reportedly put anti-freeze in the stadium toilets to keep them from freezing.

Any others?

Comments

• Options
    Founders Club

1985 game, they were flushing the toilets every 15 minutes 24/7 leading up to kickoff.

Mike Lude once told me something about anti-freeze too
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The only gayme I remember from that year was the BYU loss. I was in first grade...Remember the snow though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMLX_W-E4xI&t=1092s
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

For the 85 AC, we rented a motor home and came over from E.WA fully loaded, in all aspects...Received a standing O from our section as they saw that we not only smuggled in 3 bottles of Jameson, but whipped cream and a box of sugar cubes for our Irish (Dawg) coffees. One of our fellow travelers brought a mini-battery operated TV to watch the tOSU/ UM game (he was a tOSU alum). One of the only memories I still have of the weekend was post game, in a bar next to Doc Maynards (I forgot the name), a buddy of mine poured a pitcher of beer from the balcony onto Mark Rypien's head...CSB

great story
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The only gayme I remember from that year was the BYU loss. I was in first grade...Remember the snow though...

Holy shit, despite the In Living Color reference of your handle, I always assumed you were a fossil from your posts, but turns out you're just barely older than me. Weird how you get ideas in your head on these boards sometimes.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    Fishpo31 said:

About 4-5 years later, I became friends with Rypien (I worked with one of his brothers), we played a lot of golf, and drank a ton of beer. With all of the shit-talking between us, I never brought up that night...

Tim or Dave?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They'll never be able to live down that apple cup and they know it.

One of the best teams in cuog history with the best coach in their history and burnout Pete with a Yimmy game plan on defense whiped his balls all over them.

Ancient times when UW could actually run the football and no one had to keep their masks on.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fishpo31 said:

About 4-5 years later, I became friends with Rypien (I worked with one of his brothers), we played a lot of golf, and drank a ton of beer. With all of the shit-talking between us, I never brought up that night...

Tim or Dave?
    Tim
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

They'll never be able to live down that apple cup and they know it.

One of the best teams in cuog history with the best coach in their history and burnout Pete with a Yimmy game plan on defense whiped his balls all over them.

Ancient times when UW could actually run the football and no one had to keep their masks on.

Minshew crying in the snow.gif gets me every time
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Emoterman said:

Holy shit, despite the In Living Color reference of your handle, I always assumed you were a fossil from your posts, but turns out you're just barely older than me. Weird how you get ideas in your head on these boards sometimes.
    I'm not old, just old school

No lattes, 4th boosters, mask nazis, drag queens in libraries, 80 genders for Bill. That's not the Seattle I knew.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’m too young to have seen 85 or the other games mentioned but the 2018 apple cup was a special one for me.
    I was back home in E Wa visiting friends for the thanksgiving weekend. I had just bought a juul a few weeks before, got caught by my buddies dad doing ‘vape tricks’ in the basement. Yeah, I was a fag. Anyways, his dad and everyone in the house was a bunch of cuogs, half of them graduated, the other half dropped out.
    All of them came downstairs and started talking shit as soon as it was snowing ‘oh browning can’t throw in the snow he’s not tough enough’ and how our ‘DBs won’t be able to cover’.
    We didn’t even need browning that game, thank you MMFG and I got to soak in the glory of the purple and gold for another season.
    Those were good days.