Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some watch shots

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Got this a month ago or so in a private sale. Forgot to post it. Not much to say about it. It's a blue 5711. Epic.

To poor to afford the green dial? I keed, I keed. Epic watch.
    Was talking to a dealer I know well and they offered me one. For 400K. So yes, I am in fact too poor to afford one.
  • spudenspuden Member Posts: 353
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Got this a month ago or so in a private sale. Forgot to post it. Not much to say about it. It's a blue 5711. Epic.

Oh my, congrats my man! That is amazing!
    Founders Club
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    edited December 2021

Too funny not to poast.

In watch-speak, this says it all.
    Founders Club

Too funny not to poast.

Rushed right over and bought three of them. Thanks for the tip!
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    Swaye said:

Too funny not to poast.

Rushed right over and bought three of them. Thanks for the tip!
    Each will last about as long as the Prez's Meds, before spazzing out and stopping, then getting saved by a Casio, just like Jill does for Joe.
    Founders Club

Seeing this thread bumped inspired me to post a picture of the collection. Hoping the 5 poor people watches and 1 nice one inspires other basement dwellers on here.

That Tudor gives me a total horology boner.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Seeing this thread bumped inspired me to post a picture of the collection. Hoping the 5 poor people watches and 1 nice one inspires other basement dwellers on here.

I can count on one hand the number of days I haven't worn it since getting it. The Tudor and 5600 G Shock would be a pretty logical two watch collection, especially with getting a couple of nato and rubber strap options for the Tudor.

I have an itch for a chronograph, next. Need to decide if I have to have one now and go cheaper, or save pennies for a few years to get something epic.
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I can count on one hand the number of days I haven't worn it since getting it. The Tudor and 5600 G Shock would be a pretty logical two watch collection, especially with getting a couple of nato and rubber strap options for the Tudor.

I have an itch for a chronograph, next. Need to decide if I have to have one now and go cheaper, or save pennies for a few years to get something epic.
    Save and epic would be my advice. We are in a land of plenty right now with some really epic Chronos. You could do a lot worse then getting your self one of those new Speedy Pros. Those things are fooking legit.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

if it wasn't for the digital one I would never know what time it was. I always wear one of my watches but look at the microwave to read the time. and ask my wife what day/date it is
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm expecting one bump for this thread tomorrow.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021

We share 3 watches from this pic (though mine are different color/style). Love that collection of yours!

I have a recent Seiko boner, just received a custom Mod that I'm stoked on (wanted the poor man's white gold salmon dial royal oak, very pleased with the outcome)

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    Founders Club
    animate said:

I found this video interesting. Stallone's daughters are quite attractive. Thanks to Jennifer Lavin's genetics lol.

https://youtu.be/oVii8oH5o2g

His daughters are insanely hot. Remarkable genes.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Not sure if this is a collection, but here is a handful of watches that any poor person can afford. The modded stainless Seiko is the one that I swap straps on for different moods. Still want to buy a Strapcode bracelet for it and the gold one.

Of course it's a collection! And a really cool one. I'm digging that NATO strap!
    The one on the far right is awesome. Love it.
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Listen to Swaye, alotta great chronos out there. Speedy pro hesalite can be had under 5k on secondary market (particularly the 1861 iteration)

My 3861 that was just released has come down in price a little but tends to hover above the 5k mark.

A recent shot (notice the scratches on the hesalite Chrystal that can be buffed out but will occur. If that's a no go for you, stick to Sapphire Crystal and pay a little more)

All that said get the Hesalite and be a bad ass. Scratches smatches. Wear that bitch like Neil Armstrong intended you to.
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021

An all Cartier family huh? Looks good.