Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I only have one question

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
how much do you already miss this guy?

Comments

• Options
    Carol James, widow of the late Dong James, a University of Miami alumnus and former player, had this to say, noting the former Husky coach would be 'ecstatically proud':

"Mario Cristobal, universally considered an elite recruiter in the world of college football, made the most of his first University of Miami signing day in what little time he’s had as head coach."
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2021
    Elite recruiter. Mediocre coach. Nothing new here Creep. Don’t miss him.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2021
    What did he have, 12 recruits to save? Jimmy also saved a recruiting class, so there’s that.

I’ll find out week 1 how much I miss him. If the in game coaching is at least competent, I won’t miss him at all.
  • Options

What did he have, 12 recruits to save? Jimmy also saved a recruiting class, so there’s that.

I’ll find out week 1 how much I miss him. If the in game coaching is at least competent, I won’t miss him at all.

Depends on what you mean by “save”. Take a peek at who he’s bringing in. Quality shit. I’m a hopeful again for the first time in a long time. Jimmys and Joes and then Xs and Os.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Depends on what you mean by “save”. Take a peek at who he’s bringing in. Quality shit. I’m a hopeful again for the first time in a long time. Jimmys and Joes and then Xs and Os.
    Are we going to do the “Mario got a guy” thing for much longer?

As noted previous there was never a question on this guys recruiting abilities.

The problem was the gap in his abilities between the J&Js and X&O’s.

• Options
    MC class ranks will be similar to what he did at Oregon. He isn’t going to out recruit Bama, UGA. tOSU, TAM, LSU or TX now. 7-10 will be his peak at the U.
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Easy to recruit against racist Florida and Florida State.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

MC class ranks will be similar to what he did at Oregon. He isn’t going to out recruit Bama, UGA. tOSU, TAM, LSU or TX now. 7-10 will be his peak at the U.

Stick around. Even with the Nike advantage, recruiting to the PNW is still harder than recruiting to Miami.
  • Options

Are we going to do the “Mario got a guy” thing for much longer?

• Options
    “Trust the Process”.

Trust me, you’re going to get tired of hearing that BS when the recruiting classes don’t translate to the field.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,338
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

None, glad Wario is gone... he can go waste Miami's recruits now
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,338
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

He brought in quality shit here too and lost to the trees and boatraced by Utah twice... what good is talent if you can't coach them?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Noted Hurricuog heard from.