Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huff and Adams

Both good recruiters but dogshit coaches last two years. We will see how they do this next year. LIPO but with a short ass leash

However if they suck again: no warning just gone faster than you can say Jack Sprat

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Product of the head coach.
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Bad as they both are I’m not worried about offense with DeBoer running the show. They’ll both answer to superiors and provide a needed boost to recruiting.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'm probably asking for it but I've come around on both coaches after this news. Huff had a good track-record before JonDon and Lake showed up.

And since he took over as WR coach, Adams improved the talent of his position group more than any other coach.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I get the Huff hate, but Adams is a little harder to conclude on. The WR position is the most dependent unit on a football team, and given the hideous dogshit we've had at OC and QB during Junior's time, I'm not convinced that he sucks.

Maybe a more football astute poster (not you fudgie) could explain to me why his on-the-field product is shit in isolation.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I get the Huff hate, but Adams is a little harder to conclude on. The WR position is the most dependent unit on a football team, and given the hideous dogshit we've had at OC and QB during Junior's time, I'm not convinced that he sucks.

Maybe a more football astute poster (not you fudgie) could explain to me why his on-the-field product is shit in isolation.

Watch the pass pro schemes in the 2019 Colorado game and the 2021 Michigan game. I know you don't value opinion but watch for yourself.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Watch the pass pro schemes in the 2019 Colorado game and the 2021 Michigan game. I know you don't value opinion but watch for yourself.
    Regardless of scheme our oLine was on skates vs Michigan. The jailbreak scheme seemed to be the protection of choice.

Vs Colorado more evidence we’ve never been able to pick up a blitz.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think this may have been a stopgap measure on keeping players and recruits. You lose Adams and you likely lose Rome, McMillan, Taj, and Germie.

Huff has sucked as a coach but the players love him. You drop Huff and you could see 5+ linemen transfer out and no chance at Vega or Connerly.

I think the hope is that Grubb (good OL coach) will have a positive influence on Huff.

When I was watching Fresno today, their OL is bad and Haener was constantly pressured and running around. Sorry @RaceBannon, Haener is really good.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I think this may have been a stopgap measure on keeping players and recruits. You lose Adams and you likely lose Rome, McMillan, Taj, and Germie.

Huff has sucked as a coach but the players love him. You drop Huff and you could see 5+ linemen transfer out and no chance at Vega or Connerly.

I think the hope is that Grubb (good OL coach) will have a positive influence on Huff.

When I was watching Fresno today, their OL is bad and Haener was constantly pressured and running around. Sorry @RaceBannon, Haener is really good.
    Their oLine was bad all year. Vs oregon, UCLA and Hawaii especially.

They do send out their backs a lot though on hot routes and pick up big plays sometimes.
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    DeBoer is a fraud. Keeping huff showed it. @RaceBannon was right. Mountain west program. As usual, the opposite of what fudge says is the case
  • Options
    GaearGrimsrudGaearGrimsrud Member Posts: 82
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

You drop Huff and you could see 5+ linemen transfer out

Given the way they played this season that might not be the worst thing that could happen.

• Options
    ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    What are you talking about the Wide Receiver room has been a bright spot, athletic and playmakers when given the opportunity. Davis, NcMillan, Bynum, & Odunze we’re good in a shitty offense. Keep acting like your watching games

Both good recruiters but dogshit coaches last two years. We will see how they do this next year. LIPO but with a short ass leash

However if they suck again: no warning just gone faster than you can say Jack Sprat

• Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    ATLDawg said:

What are you talking about the Wide Receiver room has been a bright spot, athletic and playmakers when given the opportunity. Davis, NcMillan, Bynum, & Odunze we’re good in a shitty offense. Keep acting like your watching games

Big disagree.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

ATLDawg said:

What are you watching? Athletic yes but consistently drop open passes and also lack of effort is embarrassing at times. If they truly were a bright spot they likely would be transferring to a big time program right now because they would be getting recruited by the big boys. Their tape is not good. Hopefully they put it together but nobody that plays us is thinking “damn those wr’s are gonna be a problem for our secondary.”
    Complete Ditto. And if you believe Millen (which I do). He said after the Arizona game Rome/Jalen essentially told Dylan AND Junior to pound sand on the sidelines by either not listening and/or walking away from them.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,865
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Huff can still be broomed if he doesn’t close the kid from Beach

As cold blooded as it would be, this would make me happy. Keep Huff to keep and get recruits and send him packing. Just fluff it up and say he found another job. DeBoner can find him somewhere to land.
    Dude has been making, what, $500K for the last 10 years. If he can't financially sustain a year off, he's a fucking financial illiterate.

Pay Huff a going away severance and GTFO. Christ, sloppy tits choked down $10 Million to Jimmy for doing nothing - Huff's walk away money is chump change.

Fuck that guy.