Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What out of region/state food/retail chains would you like here?

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Wahtaburger is legit
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dick’s Burgers

Went for the first time this fall on the way home from kid's soccer. Do not understand at all what the fuss is about. I would so rather pay $2 more and get actual real food.
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

I hear down in Texas Bucky's is big and should be national

Buc-ees is awesome!

For those not familiar, it is a travel center without the semi trucks. They take pride in having the “world’s cleanest bathrooms”, a gigantic jerky bar, and Texas BBQ.
    I just tell out-of-towners we gotta stop and get some gas real quick, then turn the corner into Buc-ee's. Watch their eyes get as big as a Buc-ee's brisket burrito.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021

Dick’s Burgers

Went for the first time this fall on the way home from kid's soccer. Do not understand at all what the fuss is about. I would so rather pay $2 more and get actual real food.
    You are a Husky fan and just had Dick’s for the first time? Something isn’t computing here.
    I haven't hidden from my jack Doog status. Never have lived in Seattle, and, frankly, there are a billion better places I'd rather eat when I'm visiting.

I last ate fast food in my early 20s, when I started being able to afford real food. The recent trip to Dick's was only because it was a postgame team meat-up. I looked at the menu and asked, "So even tomato slices are too close to real food for this place?"

Besides, who's getting burgers at a place that doesn't serve beer? When there is invariably a place that has burgers and beer within a few blocks?
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

White Castle

fuck yea, bro

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Dick’s Burgers

You are a Husky fan and just had Dick’s for the first time? Something isn’t computing here.
    I haven't hidden from my jack Doog status. Never have lived in Seattle, and, frankly, there are a billion better places I'd rather eat when I'm visiting.

I last ate fast food in my early 20s, when I started being able to afford real food. The recent trip to Dick's was only because it was a postgame team meat-up. I looked at the menu and asked, "So even tomato slices are too close to real food for this place?"

Besides, who's getting burgers at a place that doesn't serve beer? When there is invariably a place that has burgers and beer within a few blocks?
    There’s no mutual exclusivity to enjoying a Dick’s cheeseburger and a nice dinner at Canlis.

Both are real food.
    Dick's Deluxe. But still. The greasy, salty fries are also great.
  • ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited December 2021
    Swaye said:

In order:

1) Dick's
    2) Whataburger
    3) Jack in the Box (only for the yearly Shamrock Shake)

Northern Virginia sucks. But we just got a Panda Express close which is nice for my bi-monthly anus cleanout via complete explosion.

Jack In The Box E Coli incident back in the early 1990s https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2017/12/jack-in-the-box-e-coli-outbreak-25th-anniversary/ . I used to love Jack In The Box before that situation. I have never went back to Jack In The Box since then for anything. McDonalds Shamrock Shake...
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

In order:

1) Dick's
    2) Whataburger

Northern Virginia sucks. But we just got a Panda Express close which is nice for my bi-monthly anus cleanout via complete explosion.

Jack in the box is a great call out. I love those shitty tacos
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Before they went nationwide I'd have gone with shake shack.

Honestly now I have gotten super into cooking and nothing is that great. Unless it's like Indian or some shit that I'm never gonna bother making
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Swaye said:

In order:

1) Dick's
    2) Whataburger

When I lived in bmore my girlfriend on Saturday mornings after wed gone out with friends wanted panda. I was like wtf there are a thousand shitty Chinese places around. Nope. Gotta drive 15 miles to Columbia to get panda. Fuck that place
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,411
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    1. Burgermaster
    2. Fish Tale Brewpub
    3. Gordito's

I was a regular at all three and they closed their doors (in my neck of the woods). Fukin blows.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

Before they went nationwide I'd have gone with shake shack.

Honestly now I have gotten super into cooking and nothing is that great. Unless it's like Indian or some shit that I'm never gonna bother making

Bitchfork cooking? Lulz.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    digits said:

1. Burgermaster
    2. Fish Tale Brewpub
    3. Gordito's

I was a regular at all three and they closed their doors (in my neck of the woods). Fukin blows.

Fish Tale was good tim's for Silvertips game. Gorditos had health dept issues, I believe. Still kicking at their Greenwood location.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd go for:

Crown Burger - from Utah. Pastami on top of the burger.
    Sheetz - If they have the pepperoni rolls. Might be a WV thing. Fuck you Bette Midler!
    Fazollis - Its an olive garden without having to tip a waiter. So, cheap but tasty breadsticks and questionably passable Italian food.

Chain I'd bring back is Dags. From my limited recollection it was basically Dicks-lite but had a drive through. I seem to remember there was one south of the king dome and it was a common post mariners game stop. I think there was another one just off Aurora near the Seattle Center too.

Chains I wish would expand outside their current Seattle Area radius:

Pagliacci - its actually kind of difficult to find a slice a lot of places in the puget sound area.
    Burgermaster - Some expansion south, but way to rep the Norf End. Also Seattle's oldest continuous drive-in joint.
    Tubs Gourmet Subs - for sandwiches so tasty, there should be more than just two locations.
    Pecos Pit BBQ - After the light rail project, the worlds slowest expansion.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I know it’s blasphemy but they could shut down Ezells in Spokane and not a soul would notice.

That place is nasty. Way better BBQ and chicken elsewhere. War Chickn N more. War Longhorn.

• Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I know it’s blasphemy but they could shut down Ezells in Spokane and not a soul would notice.

That place is nasty. Way better BBQ and chicken elsewhere. War Chickn N more. War Longhorn.

Up vote for Longhorn…good chit Throbber