Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How did Wilcox NOT take Oregon Job

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Talented roster, He would have got to go home, coach in the lay up that is the Pac-12 North where the Ducks can allready book their hotel rooms in Vegas next two years for the CCG, thereby getting a 3-4 year extension and having a deal that would end up being worth around 9 years 50 million dollars

That's not just generational money, that is Multi-Generational wealth. This would have allowed him to do anything he wants the rest of his life.

Dawgman/Discord Doogs (3D as I like to call them, feel free to use the shorthand going forward as long as I get a shoutout on the next POD) will pump him up as "having morals/integrity/not working for slimy bad Nike blah blah blah to which I say with NIL there is nothing illegal in College Football/recruiting anymore so that narrative is off the table.

There is exactly 0.00 other programs that would throw that amount of money at him and Sadly only ONE other (UW of course) that thinks he would be the guy to take you to the next level and go after him.

It seems like a no brainer

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I read something about the conditions Uncle Phil has, such as being able to listen to the coaches headsets during the game, being a problem for him
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam

I read something about the conditions Uncle Phil has, such as being able to listen to the coaches headsets during the game, being a problem for him

That's a hell of a mountain to die on for a guy who will be 84 next year. Wilcox is a "Oregon Man" that their fanbase, former players, and if rumors were right Uncle Phil wanted as well since they are tired of guys using the job as a stepping stone. That buys Justin at least 2 years b4 the pitchforks would come out if he bombed and by then Knight is in his mid 80's.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I’m hearing he’s homosexual and prefers the the Bay Area for its more open acceptance.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,008
    Wilcox is young. Plenty of time for him to take the Oregon HC job one of the next 3 times it opens in the next 10 years. By then Phil might be living in a memory care facility... or gone.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Thanks, this week-old news definitely deserved a brand new thread!
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,114
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I’m hearing he’s homosexual and prefers the the Bay Area for its more open acceptance.

Peter Sirmon and i agree!
  • Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Too many cooks in the kitchen at Oregon. They wanted to dictate coaching hires to Wilcox. They were looking for a puppet.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Seadawg said:

Too many cooks in the kitchen at Oregon. They wanted to dictate coaching hires

1. If he doesn’t like meth cooks then he shouldn’t have grown up in Junction City.
    2. When you willingly hire Bill Musgrave and Peter Sirmon it’s clear you need someone need to provide oversight. I thought he hired Musgrave because he was angling for the Oregon job by showing his loyalty, like “hey look at me I’m so Oregon that I’ll even hire this NFL retread and let him run his shitty offense because that works great in college when you have like four 4-stars on your roster”
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Talented roster, He would have got to go home, coach in the lay up that is the Pac-12 North where the Ducks can allready book their hotel rooms in Vegas next two years for the CCG, thereby getting a 3-4 year extension and having a deal that would end up being worth around 9 years 50 million dollars

That's not just generational money, that is Multi-Generational wealth. This would have allowed him to do anything he wants the rest of his life.

Dawgman/Discord Doogs (3D as I like to call them, feel free to use the shorthand going forward as long as I get a shoutout on the next POD) will pump him up as "having morals/integrity/not working for slimy bad Nike blah blah blah to which I say with NIL there is nothing illegal in College Football/recruiting anymore so that narrative is off the table.

There is exactly 0.00 other programs that would throw that amount of money at him and Sadly only ONE other (UW of course) that thinks he would be the guy to take you to the next level and go after him.

It seems like a no brainer

Kill yourself.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

That's a hell of a mountain to die on for a guy who will be 84 next year. Wilcox is a "Oregon Man" that their fanbase, former players, and if rumors were right Uncle Phil wanted as well since they are tired of guys using the job as a stepping stone. That buys Justin at least 2 years b4 the pitchforks would come out if he bombed and by then Knight is in his mid 80's.
    Let me explain it to you fucking retards.

It's like being a lead dev at Amazon with the head of sales looking at your code while you're writing it. There's this thing in life called ego, and skill. Wild concepts.

A lot of posters on this bored don't have a skill though, so I can understand the confusion.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Phil's taking the Al Davis style of football team ownership.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Phil's taking the Al Davis style of football team ownership.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Thanks, this week-old news definitely deserved a brand new thread!

it did
  • Options
    MobeyB4AssholesMobeyB4Assholes Member Posts: 878
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Maybe Whoregone isn't the great, top tier, destination program their fans think.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Maybe Whoregone isn't the great, top tier, destination program their fans think.

• Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,354
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Seadawg said:

Too many cooks in the kitchen at Oregon. They wanted to dictate coaching hires to Wilcox. They were looking for a puppet.

Not a puppet, just someone eilling to recruit to the top levels... Wilcox was unwilling to do that... he wanted his weak Cal staff and it was a no go... Lanning will be better anyway
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    Seadawg said:

Oregon is starting to feel like the West Coast version of Texas.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TXDawg said:

Seadawg said:

Oregon is starting to feel like the West Coast version of Texas.
    Except that Texas actually has a history of success that started decades before 1994.