Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kevonte Henry 4 Star Lawndale HS 2022

Comments

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

HFNY said:

I know courtney morgan is a good dude and I doog for deboer but why the fuck would a guy committed to a 12-1 playoff team team jump ship for a 4-8 pac 12 team who just hired a mountain west coast. makes no sense unless michigan is giving him the boot.

Because UW is dope you incel
    I mean I hope he flips here, it just doesn't compute with me
    Seattle> AA hth
    imagine thinking college football players care what city they're in. U of alabama is in Tuscaloosa

if the girls (or guys) are hot that's all that matters

Being closer to home makes a lot of things easier. Getting home is cheaper and faster, his family can see him play more in-person in Seattle and when UW plays in LA or in the SF area, and it doesn't hurt that Seattle has an NFL team.

What does an nfl team have anything to do with choosing a school?
    NFL executives and scouts being close by to check out practices and games rather easily. That certainly doesn't hurt does it?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

HFNY said:

I know courtney morgan is a good dude and I doog for deboer but why the fuck would a guy committed to a 12-1 playoff team team jump ship for a 4-8 pac 12 team who just hired a mountain west coast. makes no sense unless michigan is giving him the boot.

Because UW is dope you incel
    I mean I hope he flips here, it just doesn't compute with me
    Seattle> AA hth
    imagine thinking college football players care what city they're in. U of alabama is in Tuscaloosa

if the girls (or guys) are hot that's all that matters

Being closer to home makes a lot of things easier. Getting home is cheaper and faster, his family can see him play more in-person in Seattle and when UW plays in LA or in the SF area, and it doesn't hurt that Seattle has an NFL team.

What does an nfl team have anything to do with choosing a school?
    NFL executives and scouts being close by to check out practices and games rather easily. That certainly doesn't hurt does it?
    Now if only the Seahawks actually drafted any Huskies...
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    They drafted Dissly and BBK and signed Aaron Fuller to the practice squad. They also have Sidney Jones and Eason on the team.

As for Henry, I hope flips b/c it would be keeping West Coast talent on the the West Coast and you can never have too many pass rushers.
  • PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    If this mattered literally at all the following schools would be at some “advantage” for being near nfl teams
    Rutgers
    UNLV
    Georgia State
    Minnesota
    Pitt
    SMU
    Rice
    Boston College
    Temple

All these programs suck or are mediocre despite being near nfl teams. So I just don’t think it matters. Most elite college football programs are not in big cities (Norman, Tuscaloosa, Tallahassee, Clemson, Ann Arbor, Colombus)
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If this mattered literally at all the following schools would be at some “advantage” for being near nfl teams
    Rutgers
    UNLV
    Georgia State
    Minnesota
    Pitt
    SMU
    Rice
    Boston College
    Temple

All these programs suck or are mediocre despite being near nfl teams. So I just don’t think it matters. Most elite college football programs are not in big cities (Norman, Tuscaloosa, Tallahassee, Clemson, Ann Arbor, Colombus)

Columbus isn’t a big city lol

It is the core city of the Columbus, OH Metropolitan Statistical Area, which encompasses ten counties. The metropolitan area has a 2020 population of 2,138,926,

• PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    theLSkid said:

Rutgers
    UNLV
    Georgia State
    Minnesota
    Pitt
    SMU
    Rice
    Boston College
    Temple

It is the core city of the Columbus, OH Metropolitan Statistical Area, which encompasses ten counties. The metropolitan area has a 2020 population of 2,138,926,

wow you really got me. jtt and gee scott must have been lured by the big city lights and superior metropolitan culture of columbus, what an idiot i am. now go fuck yourself
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    theLSkid said:

Rutgers
    UNLV
    Georgia State
    Minnesota
    Pitt
    SMU
    Rice
    Boston College
    Temple

Ten counties? Holy shit. Ten counties is a huge geographical area for one "metro area".
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    dnc said:

theLSkid said:

Rutgers
    UNLV
    Georgia State
    Minnesota
    Pitt
    SMU
    Rice
    Boston College
    Temple

Ten counties? Holy shit. Ten counties is a huge geographical area for one "metro area".
    The city of Columbus is 914,000 whereas Cleveland is 377,000, Cincinnati is 307,000, and Toledo is 269,000.

Also, counties are much smaller and more numerous east of the Rockies. There are 88 in OH vs 39 in WA.

theLSkid said:

Rutgers
    UNLV
    Georgia State
    Minnesota
    Pitt
    SMU
    Rice
    Boston College
    Temple

wow you really got me. jtt and gee scott must have been lured by the big city lights and superior metropolitan culture of columbus, what an idiot i am. now go fuck yourself
    Did I say that? No. I just proved you talk out of your ass ALL of the time. Comparing Clemson to Columbus just proves you’ve never been out of your section 8 housing before, completely different worlds.
    Ohio State gets kids because the people in Columbus fucking care about winning (always have) and they don’t have a bunch of Blue-Hair Head Shaved Dikes walking around talking about toxic masculinity 24/7

Pasadena is a shithole btw, only place in LA without hot women smh.
    dnc said:

theLSkid said:

Rutgers
    UNLV
    Georgia State
    Minnesota
    Pitt
    SMU
    Rice
    Boston College
    Temple

I lived in the metro area of columbus, it is much larger in total area than many west coast metropolitan cities, but it’s built differently there.

Expansion is easier, they expand out, not up, in the Midwest.

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

dnc said:

theLSkid said:

Rutgers
    UNLV
    Georgia State
    Minnesota
    Pitt
    SMU
    Rice
    Boston College
    Temple

The city of Columbus is 914,000 whereas Cleveland is 377,000, Cincinnati is 307,000, and Toledo is 269,000.

Also, counties are much smaller and more numerous east of the Rockies. There are 88 in OH vs 39 in WA.
    City populations are meaningless. Boston proper has 684,379 people, Miami has 454,279. Both are multiple times larger than Columbus.
  • AlpoAlpo Member Posts: 98
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2021
    dnc said:

theLSkid said:

Rutgers
    UNLV
    Georgia State
    Minnesota
    Pitt
    SMU
    Rice
    Boston College
    Temple

Former Ohio kid here. There are 88 counties in Ohio which is itself a much smaller state than Washington. The counties are relatively tiny compared to those here.

Thus endeth the (Ohio geography) lesson.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    #Counties State
    254 Texas
    159 Georgia
    133 Virginia
    120 Kentucky
    115 Missouri
    105 Kansas
    102 Illinois
    100 North Carolina
    99 Iowa
    95 Tennessee
    93 Nebraska
    92 Indiana
    88 Ohio
    87 Minnesota
    83 Michigan
    82 Mississippi
    77 Oklahoma
    75 Arkansas
    72 Wisconsin
    67 Alabama
    67 Florida
    67 Pennsylvania
    66 South Dakota
    64 Colorado
    64 Louisiana
    62 New York
    58 California
    56 Montana
    55 West Virginia
    53 North Dakota
    46 South Carolina
    44 Idaho
    39 Washington
    36 Oregon
    33 New Mexico
    30 Alaska
    29 Utah
    24 Maryland
    23 Wyoming
    21 New Jersey
    17 Nevada
    16 Maine
    15 Arizona
    14 Massachusetts
    14 Vermont
    10 New Hampshire
    8 Connecticut
    5 Hawaii
    5 Rhode Island
    3 Delaware

HTH
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

For what its worth Eklund thinks we are going to flip this kid. Now back to the Midwest Metro Superiority talk.

damn, thought we had a chance
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Not signing anywhere Wednesday. Probably dims our chances slightly
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Not signing anywhere Wednesday. Probably dims our chances slightly

I would think that helps our chances. Probably wasn’t to know who our coaches are gonna be before he decides if he wants to come here.
  • bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    edited December 2021