Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Don Lemon's 5 point plan

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Look, if we're going to bash white kids I am out!
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2013

Ok Kobe. Take two white kids born on the same day. One is born to parents with jobs, they stay married, help with the kids home work, encourage activities outside of school like sports or music, attend parent teacher conferences etc etc etc. One is born to a teen mom, she doesn't finish high school, the father is no where to be seen, grandparents have to step in to help, mom then ends up on public assistance, works low wage jobs that reflect her low skills and lack of education, she tries but can't provide the supervision the kids needs because of the demands of struggling to make ends meet, she doesn't have much involvement in the kids education because she herself doesn't know how to do that.

Which kid is more likely to spend their life in poverty, not finish school, end up addicted, in prison, and repeat their cycle? Not every kid in scenario one will be successful and not every kid in scenario to will stay in poverty, but in general, we know that the kid in poverty is more likely to stay there.

We also know that single parent households are more likely to be in poverty.

Not a race issue at all. The only racial issue is that as a percentage, more in the black and Hispanic community fall in scenario number 2. Don Lemon is attempting to address that without allowing them to be called victims. That's all. Now go ramble on about peer reviewed studies and causation while millions of people remain forever trapped in this cycle.

Good day sir.

What you're really saying is that living the life of AND > living the life of OR. Mom AND Dad > Mom OR Dad. Life of abundance FTW.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

This asshole shows no causation. He is likely a racist..and gay..

What? Who the fuck is this guy?

What the fuck is his fucking problem?

What is he, some sort of godamn asshole?

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Ok Kobe. Take two white kids born on the same day. One is born to parents with jobs, they stay married, help with the kids home work, encourage activities outside of school like sports or music, attend parent teacher conferences etc etc etc. One is born to a teen mom, she doesn't finish high school, the father is no where to be seen, grandparents have to step in to help, mom then ends up on public assistance, works low wage jobs that reflect her low skills and lack of education, she tries but can't provide the supervision the kids needs because of the demands of struggling to make ends meet, she doesn't have much involvement in the kids education because she herself doesn't know how to do that.

Which kid is more likely to spend their life in poverty, not finish school, end up addicted, in prison, and repeat their cycle? Not every kid in scenario one will be successful and not every kid in scenario to will stay in poverty, but in general, we know that the kid in poverty is more likely to stay there.

Not a race issue at all. The only racial issue is that as a percentage, more in the black and Hispanic community fall in scenario number 2. Don Lemon is attempting to address that without allowing them to be called victims. That's all. Now go ramble on about peer reviewed studies and causation while millions of people remain forever trapped in this cycle.

Good day sir.

As a percentage. That's a good starting point. Like that 72% statistic that you've furiously masterbating to. Except its 72% of black mothers are unwed, not single. The number of those women living with the father slices that number way down. Perhaps not as low as you would like but still way down. Another interesting tidbit, the birth rate for married black women is significantly lower than the birth rate for married white women. And since we are dealing with percentages that would skew the percentage of black single mothers.

Perhaps you can answer this question. No matter what numbers you want use, your factually incorrect ones or my factually correct ones, because there are more white people despite the difference in percentage there have been millions and millions of more white children raised by single parents than black children. So how come black men fill up our jails? If being a single parent has all these negative consequences and it leads to committing crime then why does the group with more children being raised by single parents, the raw numbers not the percentage, have way less people in jail?

This issue is much more complicated than you want it to be. You can present surface numbers that seem to make sense, seem like common sense, but once you dig in its a fucking mess. I have said previously that I didn't have a problem with the idea of focusing on family and education. I think specifically education needs to be addressed in this country. On the lower ends its a fucking debacle. But I asked you for solutions in one of these threads and you said Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson should do something about. I find that to be as empty and meaningless as the people who sit around saying we need to have a conversation about race but just spend their time saying we should have it instead of actually having it.

And if you think I've spent all these years arguing with Race Bannon and now I'm going to answer a loaded question, like the one you presented, you have lost your fucking mind. I spent to much time playing checkers while that man played chess. I learned from the best. I don't play checkers anymore. Just remember that next time you make or read a joke about "causation". Like I didn't use that word for a specific purpose. Here's a hint, I don't give a fuck about causation.

I said good day.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013

Good day sir.

As a percentage. That's a good starting point. Like that 72% statistic that you've furiously masterbating to. Except its 72% of black mothers are unwed, not single. The number of those women living with the father slices that number way down. Perhaps not as low as you would like but still way down. Another interesting tidbit, the birth rate for married black women is significantly lower than the birth rate for married white women. And since we are dealing with percentages that would skew the percentage of black single mothers.

Perhaps you can answer this question. No matter what numbers you want use, your factually incorrect ones or my factually correct ones, because there are more white people despite the difference in percentage there have been millions and millions of more white children raised by single parents than black children. So how come black men fill up our jails? If being a single parent has all these negative consequences and it leads to committing crime then why does the group with more children being raised by single parents, the raw numbers not the percentage, have way less people in jail?

This issue is much more complicated than you want it to be. You can present surface numbers that seem to make sense, seem like common sense, but once you dig in its a fucking mess. I have said previously that I didn't have a problem with the idea of focusing on family and education. I think specifically education needs to be addressed in this country. On the lower ends its a fucking debacle. But I asked you for solutions in one of these threads and you said Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson should do something about. I find that to be as empty and meaningless as the people who sit around saying we need to have a conversation about race but just spend their time saying we should have it instead of actually having it.

And if you think I've spent all these years arguing with Race Bannon and now I'm going to answer a loaded question, like the one you presented, you have lost your fucking mind. I spent to much time playing checkers while that man played chess. I learned from the best. I don't play checkers anymore. Just remember that next time you make or read a joke about "causation". Like I didn't use that word for a specific purpose. Here's a hint, I don't give a fuck about causation.

I said good day.
    You mad bro? Seems like it.

You learned very little from Race, so it seems.

So I can mark you down as disagreeing with the Don Lemon solution? Good to know.
  • Options

Good day sir.

I said good day.

So I can mark you down as disagreeing with the Don Lemon solution? Good to know.
    Not your best effort.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Good day sir.

I said good day.

Not your best effort.
    If you disagree with Lemon's points, just say so. No need to be a wise guy.
  • Options

Good day sir.

I said good day.

Not your best effort.
    Sven can link you to my answer.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Good day sir.

I said good day.

Not your best effort.
    Sven can link you to my answer.
    That's what I thought
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    Founders Club
    you guys have become like an old married couple
  • Options

Got.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited August 2013

Strike three.

Obligatory link to the special marriage between Damone, APAG, and DJ.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Strike three.

The ".org" part of Sven's favorite link never gets old. Non profit citrus.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

this little war between Dabone and Ruben Patterson is getting old.
  • Options

Strike three.

I tried to warn DJ that you weren't bluffing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Strike three.

I'm not falling for the banana in the tailpipe trick.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Strike three.

I'm not falling for the banana in the tailpipe trick.
    Is that Wenatchee banana in the tailpipe, blondeandbanana in the tailpipe or abundance?

• Options
    fauxdawgmanfauxdawgman Member Posts: 218
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This belongs on unleashed guys.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    Founders Club

Strike three.

You like to call me DJ. You really do.