Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

analMEANDERINGS from A^100 ANDY

Well Husky fans another season is soon upon us. What will the cards hold for our Dawgs in 2014?

The biggest issue is replacing UW's winningest head coach since last century...took over the worst team in the history of all sports, youth, professional to toddler TBall and dating back to the Romans whose reign was predicted by only Bill Fleenor....Sark did a yeoman's job going from 0 to 9 wins...which is basically 10 when you adjust for Van Winkle's sudden injury...Sark built up the best UW team probably since DJ...if only USC didn't come calling I'm certain he would have matched and probably exceeded what DJ did...

Enter Chris Petersen, who built a track record only with Kellen Moore and feasting on high school teams...I don't know if he or his assistants are up to snuff...some of his assistants have never coached a game at the BSC FBS level or whatever the fuck its called now...Sark has put this program in perfect position for Petersen....all he has to do is tap it in and he'll go to 4 Rose Bowls his first 3 years....Yet all other Boise head coaches have failed at other stops....tick tick tick

One concern with Petersen, which has been well documented by the brilliant scribe Kim Grinolds is his recruiting....this is not Boise junior college anymore...DJ always said he was the best coach when he had the best players....He told me that its really players who win, not coaches....Sark put the players in this program for Petersen but his recruiting style suggests talent will soon decline....Sark came in the top 3 for the top 15 players in the nation and Petersen won't recruit these guys?....He's just going for his OKGs....DJ never won with 1 and 2 star recruits...tick tick tick

I do worry about our special teams this year...notice how good they were in the bowl game....Sark's brilliant tapping of Johnny Nansen to head that group really paid dividends at the end of the year....speaking of Sark's coaching, I see that ASJ's development under Sark has him playing well so far and earning rave reviews...Petersen has no track record of player development at the major college level..Replacing Ivan Lewis' will be a major challenge...When Sark arrived not one player in the program could lift 5lbs...Dick Bayerd told me they couldn't outhit a bunch of babies...Ivan's work really got these guys going and in shape to run Sark's offense...

Justin Wilcox, Peter Sirmon, Keith Heyward & Tosh Lupoi are major losses...Sark gets 200% of the credit for single handidly recognizing all of these guys and hiring them. When he was working with a full staff he had a record of 16-10...accounting for Coons missed kicks and Van Winkle's sudden injury Sark really went 19-7 at UW...averaging 10 wins a season...better than DJ and only 2nd to Gil Dobie...

...How will Petersen continue Sark's model of: strong morality, integrity, accountability, sobriety on the job, work ethic, physical fitness and no favoritism to any single player?....tick tick tick

Editor note: No time for odds and ends as A^100 ANDY has passed out at his keyboard and we haven't revived him yet.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,698 Founders Club
    TL;DR

What... the... fuck!!!!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Needs....moar..........ellipses.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,902 Swaye's Wigwam
    YBE, Chest. Bravo.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Cracking up. YBE
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    Fantastic work. It actually took me a bit to realize it was a ruse. Thought you posted a bit of the good premium.

AAAAAAAAndy has completely lost his marbles.
  • VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    Had me fooled for a second.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,902 Swaye's Wigwam

@MikeDamone, no Andy hasn't posted anything yet. Given Kim's latest charades I wanted to lob a pre emptive attack.

That makes this 1000 times better. I totally believed that you modified one of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDY's poasts.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Nice one Chest

Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me...You can't get fooled again!
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Well Husky fans another season is soon upon us. What will the cards hold for our Dawgs in 2014?

The biggest issue is replacing UW's winningest head coach since last century...took over the worst team in the history of all sports, youth, professional to toddler TBall and dating back to the Romans whose reign was predicted by only Bill Fleenor....Sark did a yeoman's job going from 0 to 9 wins...which is basically 10 when you adjust for Van Winkle's sudden injury...Sark built up the best UW team probably since DJ...if only USC didn't come calling I'm certain he would have matched and probably exceeded what DJ did...

Enter Chris Petersen, who built a track record only with Kellen Moore and feasting on high school teams...I don't know if he or his assistants are up to snuff...some of his assistants have never coached a game at the BSC FBS level or whatever the fuck its called now...Sark has put this program in perfect position for Petersen....all he has to do is tap it in and he'll go to 4 Rose Bowls his first 3 years....Yet all other Boise head coaches have failed at other stops....tick tick tick

One concern with Petersen, which has been well documented by the brilliant scribe Kim Grinolds is his recruiting....this is not Boise junior college anymore...DJ always said he was the best coach when he had the best players....He told me that its really players who win, not coaches....Sark put the players in this program for Petersen but his recruiting style suggests talent will soon decline....Sark came in the top 3 for the top 15 players in the nation and Petersen won't recruit these guys?....He's just going for his OKGs....DJ never won with 1 and 2 star recruits...tick tick tick

I do worry about our special teams this year...notice how good they were in the bowl game....Sark's brilliant tapping of Johnny Nansen to head that group really paid dividends at the end of the year....speaking of Sark's coaching, I see that ASJ's development under Sark has him playing well so far and earning rave reviews...Petersen has no track record of player development at the major college level..Replacing Ivan Lewis' will be a major challenge...When Sark arrived not one player in the program could lift 5lbs...Dick Bayerd told me they couldn't outhit a bunch of babies...Ivan's work really got these guys going and in shape to run Sark's offense...

Justin Wilcox, Peter Sirmon, Keith Heyward & Tosh Lupoi are major losses...Sark gets 200% of the credit for single handidly recognizing all of these guys and hiring them. When he was working with a full staff he had a record of 16-10...accounting for Coons missed kicks and Van Winkle's sudden injury Sark really went 19-7 at UW...averaging 10 wins a season...better than DJ and only 2nd to Gil Dobie...

...How will Petersen continue Sark's model of: strong morality, integrity, accountability, sobriety on the job, work ethic, physical fitness and no favoritism to any single player?....tick tick tick

Editor note: No time for odds and ends as A^100 ANDY has passed out at his keyboard and we haven't revived him yet.

Decent chit beatmypud
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623

Nice one Chest

Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me...You can't get fooled again!

Well played. My all time favorite "Bushism".