Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Scarecrow

Scarecrow started a rental by mail program in 2019. Good chit for all us cinephiles not living near their store, and a great way to support a dying industry. Enjoy.

http://blog.scarecrow.com/scarecrow-rent-by-mail/

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget that I have the last Blockbuster on Earth.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bend, right?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    digits said:

Bend, right?
    Yep.
  • Options
    ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJMEPHNjHE0
    James, Justin, and Kieran traveled to the last Blockbuster Video that's located in Bend, Oregon!! They took a road trip down from Portland, after Portland Retro Gaming Expo weekend October, 2019. The sights, sounds, and smells of their old stomping grounds was like something else. A flash from the past, where you would always go every Friday night to get the newest movie releases, hottest games, or obscure b-movie rentals. Sadly, Blockbuster's 9,000 world-wide locations dwindled down to just one. But, that comes with everything turning digital... or with movies just slapped into the Red Box at your local grocery store. Regardless, the Last Blockbuster in Bend is a tribute to anyone who lived in the 90s, especially with their museum section and classic memorabilia everywhere. Thanks to the owner Sandi for allowing us to film in the store! And, sorry that our audio isn't the best, the store is very active.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJc3X6wzW1A
    With so many small businesses facing an uncertain future, the last Blockbuster movie rental store in the world isn't going to let COVID-19 bring it down. Inside Edition first profiled the sole surviving Blockbuster located in Bend, Oregon a year ago. In its heyday, there were more than 9,000 Blockbuster stores worldwide. Now, there's just one left, and Harding said the store has employed strict guidelines to stay in business while adapting to the pandemic.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,233
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

It was always a fun trip down to Blockbuster. They even had a bowl game for awhile.