Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Beatles Get Back on Disney Plus

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
It’s remarkable they were able to pull off Abby Road in the wake of all that shit.

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2021/12/review-the-beatles-get-back-by-peter-jackson/620872/

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One thing I'll add...

I'm continually amazed at just how much more productive the Beatles, Stones, Zep, Neil, Dylan, Creedence, et al, were as songwriters that the rock acts that followed in 80s, 90s, 2000s.

The Beatles managed to record The White Album, let it be and Abbey Road in the span of 14 months.

The ignorant yoots like @BleachedAnusDawg just don’t get it.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

One thing I'll add...

I'm continually amazed at just how much more productive the Beatles, Stones, Zep, Neil, Dylan, Creedence, et al, were as songwriters that the rock acts that followed in 80s, 90s, 2000s.

The Beatles managed to record The White Album, let it be and Abbey Road in the span of 14 months.

Probably before the record labels figured out how to maximize cash over the creative process. Also, they were making new sounds and styles back then. All music now is regurgitated/copies of what came before. Tough to reinvent the musical wheel at this point.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

One thing I'll add...

Probably before the record labels figured out how to maximize cash over the creative process. Also, they were making new sounds and styles back then. All music now is regurgitated/copies of what came before. Tough to reinvent the musical wheel at this point.
    100 percent.

All music borrows heavily from what came before. But in the 60s, 70s and 80s there were still so much new territory to explore.

Eddie Van Halen or Metallica had plenty of new ideas. Post grunge era the new ideas fall off a cliff.