Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Haener and Cropper are happening

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sounds like someone THINKS and CARES about Haener
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    FWIW I think @RaceBannon is right. Haener did puss out (can you still say that?) when he transferred. Sure he had valid reasons, but he could’ve stuck it out and he would’ve been named starter. I know that’s not a cool take, but character still matters particularly in the relatively few leadership roles available.

Does that mean we shouldn’t be happy he’s transferring back as Huard’s not ready? No, you can be. His teammates may think he’s a puss, and he might not be the leader in the room. Or he might have grown up, acknowledge he pussed out, and prove he is a leader now. Either way it’ll be chinteresting.
  • Options
    Founders Club

AEB said:

FWIW I think @RaceBannon is right. Haener did puss out (can you still say that?) when he transferred. Sure he had valid reasons, but he could’ve stuck it out and he would’ve been named starter. I know that’s not a cool take, but character still matters particularly in the relatively few leadership roles available.

Does that mean we shouldn’t be happy he’s transferring back as Huard’s not ready? No, you can be. His teammates may think he’s a puss, and he might not be the leader in the room. Or he might have grown up, acknowledge he pussed out, and prove he is a leader now. Either way it’ll be chinteresting.

If he stayed, no guarantee he becomes the player he is today without DeBoer’s coaching staff.
    Valid point, but we don’t know that to be true. Maybe Pete doesn’t leave? Who knows.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Actually, if he comes back with a “fuck off, I’m the best chance you’ve got you motherfucking pussies” attitude, I’m all in.

Then, I would say he’s grown up and is ready to lead.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Bitter old Race watching Haener all next season while he sits atop his moral superiority tower or righteousness

Will be glorious
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bitter old Race watching Haener all next season while he sits atop his moral superiority tower or righteousness

Will be glorious

Where do I send the rent check for living in your head?

And *of
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Resorts to cell phone auto correct superiority

Checkmate
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I don't think Haener is good. I don't know about Sam so that's not an issue. If he wants to quit fine, he can become a legend too

I love the portal and would love to get a QB that is good.

I do have a problem bringing someone back that quit when we needed them as opposed to someone who quit on another team because I don't give a fuck about other teams

Heaner bailing on the bowl game is great as far as DeBoer goes but another black eye for Oregon on Haener

Life has nuance

When Rick came Babs said we? wouldn't recruit anyone that CU was recruiting. Didn't have to but she volunteered

Jen and Kaeln ignoring the cries of the Central Valley is a good sign

But if you think Haener is the answer you are asking the wrong question. That's an opinion. 81% probably correct too

Yep. Fuck the class shit. DeBoner knows he has to win to make more money and solidify his job. He will get time so don’t twist, but winning in year one will help and if Fresno State has some guys that can help (they do), great.

I would be open to another QB. I just think it’s unlikely and if we are going to have a rental, knowing the offense is a huge benefit.

I’m equally as excited about Cropper. A real #1 WR will help the other guys we have look better. McMillan, Odunze, Bynum, and Polk can all burn em deep if they have the right match ups.
    Cropper isn't coming here
  • Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This is about DeBoer getting a foundation made. You got a ready made QB coming in. Save the political BS. Get this kid in here and let's get this started.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think Haener is good. I don't know about Sam so that's not an issue. If he wants to quit fine, he can become a legend too

I do have a problem bringing someone back that quit when we needed them as opposed to someone who quit on another team because I don't give a fuck about other teams

Heaner bailing on the bowl game is great as far as DeBoer goes but another black eye for Oregon on Haener

Life has nuance

When Rick came Babs said we? wouldn't recruit anyone that CU was recruiting. Didn't have to but she volunteered

But if you think Haener is the answer you are asking the wrong question. That's an opinion. 81% probably correct too

Yep. Fuck the class shit. DeBoner knows he has to win to make more money and solidify his job. He will get time so don’t twist, but winning in year one will help and if Fresno State has some guys that can help (they do), great.

I would be open to another QB. I just think it’s unlikely and if we are going to have a rental, knowing the offense is a huge benefit.

I’m equally as excited about Cropper. A real #1 WR will help the other guys we have look better. McMillan, Odunze, Bynum, and Polk can all burn em deep if they have the right match ups.
    What? Fuck! Is there a story or do you just know he isn't coming?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    Swaye's Wigwam

Resorts to cell phone auto correct superiority

Checkmate

Auto correct?

Right

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021
    chuck said:

Life has nuance

Hearing he's going to declare for the NFL but I never heard he was coming to Washington. No clue where that started.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,114
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

Life has nuance

Hearing he's going to declare for the NFL but I never heard he was coming to Washington. No clue where that started.
    I’m hearing you’re WRONG!!
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

Life has nuance

Did he not enter the portal? What’s the point if you’re declaring?
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    imagine wanting a loser to return to your loser program where he couldnt even be the starting loser qb
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Life has nuance

Respectfully, i dont believe you