Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Haener train

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Here’s why you should be on the Haener train; I’ve never seen a QB at UW in my life make the second throw in this clip. He has some serious arm talent and his ball placement is spectacular.

Eason and Locker had the arm talent to make the first throw in this clip but they never had the ball placement or anticipation to make that throw.
    All the throws are great, but the last throw is so money. He throws it sidearm before the WR is even open. It’s been awhile since we had someone that actually threw guys open.
    His ability to throw from different arm angles while still being really accurate is impressive
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,116
    Gladstone said:

This is not comparable to Eason because, oh, Haener has actually proven it on the fucking field that he's a legitimately very good QB. What a lazy and unearned comparison. Our QB play being good with Haener is as close to a sure thing you can get for a transfer QB.

For the simpletons (Haener haters) to be right something REALLY ILLOGICAL would have to happen. He would have to suddenly regress under better circumstances than last year.

Hopefully, Sam can significantly improve in half a season before Haener gets broken in half by an all P12 schedule.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    Jacob Eason UGA stats:
    204/370 (55.1%) - 2430 yards - 16 TD - 8 INT

Jake Haener Fresno St stats:
    303/449 (67.5%) - 3810 yards - 32 TD - 9 INT

And Eason had Nick Chubb and Sony Michel in the backfield. Fresno’s RBs we’re good but not in the same stratosphere
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

Jacob Eason UGA stats:

And Eason had Nick Chubb and Sony Michel in the backfield. Fresno’s RBs we’re good but not in the same stratosphere

And the quality of competition was about the same, too.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,081

You people with your facts and video evidence are pathetic and don't fool me one bit. I hated him in 2019 and still hate him now.

Race is Sonics.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    Pro Heaner is pup

Anti is me

Choose wisely @sonics1993
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    edited December 2021
    No one on our roster can make these throws or reads...right now. Could Sam in a year with some actual quality QB coaching? It's possible.

Haener comes with risk cause he's a gunslinger and takes chances. But no one at UW has been able to make the below play and throw since maybe Teeth Price and definitely Tui. He has a strong arm, is mobile, and has some friggin' moxie (can't believe I'm actually typing that after wanting Eason to win the job so badly). Dude reminds me of a better-passing Chase Garbers, extending plays and looking downfield. Plus, he's a no-brainer pick-up since he knows DeBoner's offense and loves working with Grubbs.

Also, just listen to Hugh's thoughts on Huard's rough outing. Coaching be damned for sure, but Huard didn't exactly seem to know how to read defenses—specifically, as Hugh stated, two-high safeties and zone. (I'm sure this is where you'll tell me that Hugh has a thing against the Huards cause they prioritized Dylan and Sammy over Cale Millen.)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/softy-dick-interviews/id1245866571?i=1000543445957
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,567

I never thought it was a lock. I am hearing Oregon is after him.

@MikeSeaver ???
    Have always liked him.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,033 Standard Supporter

You people with your facts and video evidence are pathetic and don't fool me one bit. I hated him in 2019 and still hate him now.

We can’t ever have nice things. Now that we may be able to have something nice some of you are saying the nice thing is shit. In the words of Kim “what more do you want?”

In all seriousness, he sucked when he was here and was turnover prone in practice. He left and played 1 1/2 years in a real passing scheme and looked good last year. He’s improved. Played well against two of the very defenses we would need to beat with an offensive line maybe even worse than ours. I’m on the haen train now. The chances of getting a better qb in the portal are slim.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    TheHB said:

NEsnake12 said:

Jacob Eason UGA stats:

This is the most FS argument. If you play in the SEC then the opposing defenses will be more talented, but at the same time your WRs and OLs will also be more talented. It evens out
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,332
    Haener is a good player but I worry about his ability to stay alive against P5 hits.

He almost died in that UCLA game. Kid looked like he was gonna break in half if he took another big shot.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

TheHB said:

NEsnake12 said:

Jacob Eason UGA stats:

This is the most FS argument. If you play in the SEC then the opposing defenses will be more talented, but at the same time your WRs and OLs will also be more talented. It evens out

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,033 Standard Supporter

Haener is a good player but I worry about his ability to stay alive against P5 hits.

He almost died in that UCLA game. Kid looked like he was gonna break in half if he took another big shot.

This would be the ultimate revenge for ever quitting. Let it be done.
  • TheHB said:

NEsnake12 said:

Jacob Eason UGA stats:

Good thing the gap between the MWC and sad-sack Pac-12 is much smaller.