Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Haener

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    God damn I want this kid back on Mountlake
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    You dorks only want him so you can be Eskimo brothers with swaye
  • Options
    That’s funny, but I really just hate Huards
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Kaepsknee said:

Tequilla said:

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Haener would have 1 year, he wouldn’t be coming over with 3 years of eligibility left. I doubt Huard leaves because of that and if he does well fuck him then.

Not contending? So we should just throw the season away and not try to get a better draft pick? I’m confused.
    If Jake Haener can't win the Mountain West, how in the world do you expect him to win the Pac-12? The whole point of hiring him was that he can develop talent. Well then develop, Sam, that's why you were brought here.
    Pac 12 was .500 vs Mountain West this year. 16-24 since 2016 and 13-12 against them in bowl games. Let’s not pretend like the Pac 12 is a juggernaut conference in comparison.
    I'm not saying that at all, but I'm being realistic about where Washington stands in terms of talent. I don't think we are talented as we seem and that this needs to be torn down and rebuilt back up with a culture change which takes time.
    As far as a culture change goes I want players to think they have to come in and compete, not just given the red carpet treatment coming out of high school because of their recruiting ranking. It’s 2021 and I get that the QB position is different especially with the portal and if Sam had played this year and looked pretty good I could see your argument a bit better. But he wasn’t able to beat out Morris who likes to regularly throw into triple coverage and looked TERRIBLE in his first start. Yes the team gave up and played a part but he didn’t do anything well that game, at all. He shouldn’t automatically be handed the starting job if competition is brought in.

And again it’s one season IF it happens and if Huard isn’t willing to sit and learn for one more season behind a QB who has had success in this current offense then that says a lot about him and his mentality.
    Jake Haener couldn't beat out Jake Browning and Jacob Eason.
    I actually do think he’s a better college QB than Eason. Again, Huard threw 4 picks and couldn’t beat out Dylan fucking Morris.
    Players get better

Sam has gotten a raw deal development wise with a COVID year plus the malpractice of a staff he played for this year

The book hasn’t even started to be written about his future as a college football player
    Can’t wait for the pivot about this time next year.
    I’m not saying that Sam will be good or not … but anybody says that they know because of 1 game in a lost season when he was put in a position to fail is full of shit

What I saw from Sam in the Spring suggested he was not close to being ready. He did some good things vs the Cougs but he clearly hadn’t had a massive leap in development

So we’ll see
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Haener would have 1 year, he wouldn’t be coming over with 3 years of eligibility left. I doubt Huard leaves because of that and if he does well fuck him then.

Not contending? So we should just throw the season away and not try to get a better draft pick? I’m confused.
    If Jake Haener can't win the Mountain West, how in the world do you expect him to win the Pac-12? The whole point of hiring him was that he can develop talent. Well then develop, Sam, that's why you were brought here.
    Pac 12 was .500 vs Mountain West this year. 16-24 since 2016 and 13-12 against them in bowl games. Let’s not pretend like the Pac 12 is a juggernaut conference in comparison.
    I'm not saying that at all, but I'm being realistic about where Washington stands in terms of talent. I don't think we are talented as we seem and that this needs to be torn down and rebuilt back up with a culture change which takes time.
    As far as a culture change goes I want players to think they have to come in and compete, not just given the red carpet treatment coming out of high school because of their recruiting ranking. It’s 2021 and I get that the QB position is different especially with the portal and if Sam had played this year and looked pretty good I could see your argument a bit better. But he wasn’t able to beat out Morris who likes to regularly throw into triple coverage and looked TERRIBLE in his first start. Yes the team gave up and played a part but he didn’t do anything well that game, at all. He shouldn’t automatically be handed the starting job if competition is brought in.

And again it’s one season IF it happens and if Huard isn’t willing to sit and learn for one more season behind a QB who has had success in this current offense then that says a lot about him and his mentality.
    Jake Haener couldn't beat out Jake Browning and Jacob Eason.
    I actually do think he’s a better college QB than Eason. Again, Huard threw 4 picks and couldn’t beat out Dylan fucking Morris.
    Players get better

Sam has gotten a raw deal development wise with a COVID year plus the malpractice of a staff he played for this year

The book hasn’t even started to be written about his future as a college football player
    This is all true, but the signs aren’t good. We’ll know once he gets some better coaching. Most, not all but most, really good players, play well no matter what.

It was a broken offense. I’m not unequivocally saying he’s gonna be a busy, but most QB’s are, and the early returns are really bad.
    Sam being a slam dunk success is far from 100%

2 years of effectively stunted development doesn’t get fixed overnight
  • Options
  • Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I guarantee you this move has been discussed with both Sam Huard and Damon Huard before its made. Everybody Relax.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,383
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

If Huard is butt hurt over this and wants to play at Sam Houston State, then good riddance.

If he’s like his dad and uncle and really wants to be at UW, then it sounds like he’s in good hands with DeBoner. If the Dutchman cant make him a winner, he probably was a loser to begin with.

I thought we loved quitters
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,383
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sam sucks. Sorry, but if he was any good at all he would have beat out Morris. If he leaves we get a QB that is actually good.
    Haener left rather than compete. Fuck him
    He did compete. I'll bet anything that he outperformed Eason in fall camp. And Pete still gave the job to Eason in the 11th hour. I don't blame Haener at all for leaving. And by the way, he competed his ass off this season to the tune of 3,810 yards and 32 TDs / 9 ints.
    If he beat him he'd win the job

I hate Petersen but not as much as many of you

I'm surprised
    You used to tout coaches choosing the wrong QB all the time. You love to argue but you have no consistency and are arguing simply to argue.

Haener is better than we have. He knows the offense. Whoever said they would rather have Rattler, I agree, but it’s close. Haener coming back would not be a bad thing.
    Petersen chose skinny. Wasn't forced by Dennis or anyone else. Right or wrong.

There's a dozen qbs at least that will transfer

The Haener love is bizarre but we're a mountain west school now and the fans love it

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    When the fuck did azduck get back? I must have been drunk
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

When the fuck did azduck get back? I must have been drunk

he paid a king's ransom and had to take it up the but