Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Harbaugh

the counter to the hire/fire theory of coaching selection/retention?

Do some guys just need time to get their guys in there?

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

I think the Meyer buzz saw is a pretty hard challenge to walk into.

Also unlucky a few times (think Michigan State punt game).

Guys like him eventually break through though, it's why as frustrating as Pete was, I think he would have popped off at some point.

Harbaugh and Pete are good comps. Successful elsewhere so you know they have it, just frustrating limitations that kept them from outright dominating.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's hard.

I was pretty vocal in my admiration for Harbaugh for years but followed along like a lemming and wrote him off like everyone else.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

chuck said:

It's hard.

I was pretty vocal in my admiration for Harbaugh for years but followed along like a lemming and wrote him off like everyone else.

Same here, I have defended Harbaugh many times on HCH. But after playing them in September, I was adamant that Michigan was mediocre this year. I was wrong.
    They’ve improved a lot during the season. They also played out of their minds today. They were due.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

It's hard.

Same here, I have defended Harbaugh many times on HCH. But after playing them in September, I was adamant that Michigan was mediocre this year. I was wrong.
    Michigan didn't need to complete a forward pass to beat us back there, but walking out I didn't think their QB could make enough throws to do any damage in the Big-10 as they would be 1000% one dimensional.

I was doubly wrong, as A) he can and B) they are so good up front at OL, along with a AA rb who will get two yards falling forward no matter what that being one dimensional doesn't matter until they hit Georgia in the playoffs.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Harbaugh's comment about Day was brilliant. I’m paraphrasing, “you find yourself on third base. You think you hit a triple, but you didn’t.”
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    His only problem really has been Ohio state. He hasn’t been as bad as the media portrays vs what Michigan was prior. He’s been good, not amazing. It just sucks when your rival is a juggernaut.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited December 2021
    Harbaugh was mentally destroyed by reaching the Pinnacle of his profession and then getting stomped on by his older brother lol

Like "nah bro. Sit the fuck back down"