Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

3 million For A Coach Tells The UW Fans so much

3 million a year tells you so much and represents everything you need to know about Husky Football.
This Hire is a home run for Jen
1. Her boss is ecstatic. Overheard at upper campus meeting this week. My goodness Jen we will never pay what USC, LSU or what Clemson is paying. Thank goodness. Jen can you believe the priorities of those institutions. How embarrassing. Thank goodness we have you. You just plain get it: If Woodward were still here he or “ insert preferred pronoun” would be in my office asking for that kind of money he asked for and received for Brian Kelly to coach at LSU. Jenn , LSU’s athletic department makes only 4 million more we do. Priorities Jen you have them and we love you for it. Jen, “ well I think we can be consistently average and that will keep the lights on and not embarrass the institution and stay in the black.

2. Washington Athletics Brings in more money than USC and Clemson … Fucking Clemson !! and only 4 million less than LSU. So why are we not in the conversation for a top tier coach. The answer is a hard truth. Upper campus and leadership don’t want to be.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2021/06/where-does-your-school-rank-among-richest-and-poorest-power-5-college-football-programs-new-revenue-figures-for-all-65.html?outputType=amp

3. So Dawg Fans it’s the similar thinking that we had in “1993” all over again for me. UW will take the TV revenue and fuck our Team over. I get what they are doing just follow the money. “Gerber ding “ just rubbed one out in the grave. The funny part is UW upper campus believes that by doing this they are some how preserving their academic prestige. They honestly believe they are a bag of Tim’s Cascade Salt and Vinegar. But they suck at that too. They don’t even have a academic brand outside of the left coast. People think in 80% of time when I tell them I went to the University of Washington they think it’s Wash U or Washington University. So upper campus can’t even be snobs effectively.
4. It pisses me off UW consistently generates top revenue and hire on the fucking cheap. The coach is a nice guy and who doesn’t want cheer for the underdog. But if he is good. We won’t pay him then either.

Comments

• Options
    ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Clearly you enjoy girls softball a lot. Good thing
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    He's good though.

He'll be paid a lot more in two or three years.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,387
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dude we're getting Haener back!!!!!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Clevdawg said:

3 million a year tells you so much and represents everything you need to know about Husky Football.
    1. Her boss is ecstatic. Overheard at upper campus meeting this week. My goodness Jen we will never pay what USC, LSU or what Clemson is paying. Thank goodness. Jen can you believe the priorities of those institutions. How embarrassing. Thank goodness we have you. You just plain get it: If Woodward were still here he or “ insert preferred pronoun” would be in my office asking for that kind of money he asked for and received for Brian Kelly to coach at LSU. Jenn , LSU’s athletic department makes only 4 million more we do. Priorities Jen you have them and we love you for it. Jen, “ well I think we can be consistently average and that will keep the lights on and not embarrass the institution and stay in the black.

2. Washington Athletics Brings in more money than USC and Clemson … Fucking Clemson !! and only 4 million less than LSU. So why are we not in the conversation for a top tier coach. The answer is a hard truth. Upper campus and leadership don’t want to be.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2021/06/where-does-your-school-rank-among-richest-and-poorest-power-5-college-football-programs-new-revenue-figures-for-all-65.html?outputType=amp

3. So Dawg Fans it’s the similar thinking that we had in “1993” all over again for me. UW will take the TV revenue and fuck our Team over. I get what they are doing just follow the money. “Gerber ding “ just rubbed one out in the grave. The funny part is UW upper campus believes that by doing this they are some how preserving their academic prestige. They honestly believe they are a bag of Tim’s Cascade Salt and Vinegar. But they suck at that too. They don’t even have a academic brand outside of the left coast. People think in 80% of time when I tell them I went to the University of Washington they think it’s Wash U or Washington University. So upper campus can’t even be snobs effectively.
    4. It pisses me off UW consistently generates top revenue and hire on the fucking cheap. The coach is a nice guy and who doesn’t want cheer for the underdog. But if he is good. We won’t pay him then either.

This is close to 100 percent accurate

Hardcore doogs don't like the truth
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Why would you overpay for a coach if you don’t have to. You pay him what he’s willing to take. Anything more is just lighting money in fire for no reason.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    OreDawg said:

Why would you overpay for a coach if you don’t have to. You pay him what he’s willing to take. Anything more is just lighting money in fire for no reason.

But what will the fanbase think? Will there be enough sizzle?
  • Options
    4thDownsJimmy4thDownsJimmy Member Posts: 36
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So we missed out on the big dick hire of Campbell for a rumored 7 million a year and that means we should have said fuck it let make this look like a big dick hire and pay Deboner 7 mill
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

So we missed out on the big dick hire of Campbell for a rumored 7 million a year and that means we should have said fuck it let make this look like a big dick hire and pay Deboner 7 mill

Lol Matt Campbell is not a "big dick" hire.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I believe the theory is to pay for the best not give on the job training and hope for the best

DeBoer is getting paid what he should
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Shit logic. If DeBoner was the highest candidate on the list you pay what it takes to get him. Overpay for a guy so that it looks impressive? Would love to hear your take had Cohen given him $7M+ a year so that UW was projecting a huge dick.

I know that it's difficult for some on here to fathom that DeBoner might have been the highest remaining candidate after Campbell. We should have pried Saban away from Bama like USC did with Riley while ignoring the fact that only one school in the PAC has the prestige to do that, and it ain't Oregon, either. Yeah, yeah, loser mentality blah blah blah. UW is not LSU, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, or USC. Deal with it and hope that this works as a ground-up build versus going the NY Yankees route of trying to buy titles.

The big dick Neuheisal hire worked for one season and then he flamed out pretty badly.
  • Options
    ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    No , it means that Deboner isn’t looked at. Because UW will only hire proven coaches in the power 5 and pay up for the privilege. It means this, Brian Kelly, Riley, Luke Fickell or Jimbo Fischer’s agent calls UW because we have a history of top 5 % compensation for our people historically. Doesn’t mean we hire them. What it means is in the market place its known UW pay’s as much as Texas A&M and Clemson essentially too dollar for top revenue generator.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Clevdawg said:

No , it means that Deboner isn’t looked at. Because UW will only hire proven coaches in the power 5 and pay up for the privilege. It means this, Brian Kelly, Riley, Luke Fickell or Jimbo Fischer’s agent calls UW because we have a history of top 5 % compensation for our people historically. Doesn’t mean we hire them. What it means is in the market place its known UW pay’s as much as Texas A&M and Clemson essentially too dollar for top revenue generator.

In that case, pay DeBoner $10M/year now and start the track record of paying huge bucks so that if he sucks we can land a real premier coach 4 years from now.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    Founders Club
    Clevdawg said:

I'm surprised by all the downvotes. There's a lot of truth here. Maybe his negative tone when we're tired of being negative is the tough part.

I'm confused why DeBoner wasn't able to negotiate for $5-6 million a year. It's possible that it stems from details in the OP.
  • Options
    CH0PwarlordCH0Pwarlord Member Posts: 224
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    DeBoer won’t even be able to build a second house tbh. My great great grandfather Ralph the Pest was able to build a second bungalow across the sound. Times are rough for coaches.