Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is Washington's All-Raw Deal Team?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited November 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
This was @WoolleyDoog's idea on our last podcast. Who are the top Huskies who got a raw deal, one way or another, while at UW?

Off the top of my head, some players I have felt bad for:

Brendan Radley-Hiles -- Talented and aggressive kid who transfers from Oklahoma to UW probably because he thought we were DB U. Instead he ends up playing for one of the shittiest teams and coaches of all tim.

Aaron Jenkins: One of the top running back recruits in the western United States in the mid 1980s. Tore up his knee early on and became a pedestrian fullback. Got his degree though.

Dylan Morris: If he ever had a chance to be decent at all, it was destroyed by playing for Lake and Donovan.

EJ Savannah - Had the ability to be a pro linebacker, either NFL or CFL. Instead, ended up hanging out with me at Herb Mead's office after Tyrone Willingham quasi-suspended him for reasons that he would never disclose, even to EJ (according to EJ).

Chris Hemphill - A legitimate NFL prospect who was Suddenly Seniored by Willingham in 2006. The rare times he got to play, he put up impressive numbers.

Comments

• Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hemphill for sure. Craig Chambers. Some of it was his own doing. Greyson Gunheim. Was played as a 6’6” 220 lb true freshman d end since we had nobody else. Had a solid last year but another year he could have been all conference. Cody Bruns. Played one game to burn redshirt.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Colin Porter. Shoulder injury derailed what looked like a promising career. Shane Fortney. Hated him as a kid for leaving, was tuned in by HCH on a late night drunk rant that Lambo fucked that kid over. My bad.

ThemoreyouknowGIF
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Marcel Reese. Freak athlete, should sue Tyrone
  • Options
    Isaiah Stanback has a place on this team, I believe. What he could have done with some actual development...such a phenomenal athlete and competitor.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ben Davidson

Donnie Moore

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Quinten Pounds. Jimmy was just a big bully to the little fella.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd say all the midgets Gilbertson was forced to coach up.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    SluggoRouteDawgSluggoRouteDawg Member Posts: 145

Jeremy Brigham barely played because we were so stacked at TE in the 90’s. Played in the nfl.

Stanback was wasted with crappy coaching and a ill timed injury.

Chris Stevens always made plays on those Tyrone teams and promptly was ushered back to the bench.

Jesse caller and Deontae Cooper both were promising prior to injuries. That was a shame.

At least Cooper was an 11th year senior
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Eason. Condoms don’t fit his big swinging dick.

Wait we are talking about the all Raw Dawg team, Right?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    2021 UW OL was asked to get way too big for man blocking plays. Killed their draft stock (aka baini/kirkland)
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

2021 UW OL was asked to get way too big for man blocking plays. Killed their draft stock (aka baini/kirkland)

The 2021 UW OL look like they havent worked out since Covid almost 2 years ago. They got manhandled by every team they played.

I dont believe for a second they were asked to get big. They played madden and sat around and did fuckall and got fat(ter).
    This was apparent early on in the season. Especially vs Michigan. I don’t think jimmy gaf about a lot of things including strength and conditioning. One of the many things that nose dived immediately when he took over.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Houhusky said:

The 2021 UW OL look like they havent worked out since Covid almost 2 years ago. They got manhandled by every team they played.

I dont believe for a second they were asked to get big. They played madden and sat around and did fuckall and got fat(ter).
    This was apparent early on in the season. Especially vs Michigan. I don’t think jimmy gaf about a lot of things including strength and conditioning. One of the many things that nose dived immediately when he took over.
    Agree, IMO Jimmy thought he was doing some NFL veteran "player management" type shit and thats why the team got so weak physically and became mentally soft so quickly. Limited reps, lots of time off, no contact.

BUT STILL, these guys won the fucking genetic lotto, are starting pac12 OL with draft projections, within 24 months of possible generational wealth, fucking go work out and have a good diet on your own you fucking lazy retards, they didnt even need to go to class, it was all online, literal dream scenario of not having to play school.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You saw a team like Michigan State that sucked during Covid come back to a legendary 8-1 season that got the coach 95 million dollars

For fucks sake Jimmy you picked a shitty time to fuck up. UW wins the north this year and we? either lose Jimmy or pay him a shit ton

Jimmy may have taken the university for a ride but he cost himself even more money