Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Donte Williams on Twitter

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
edited November 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
His last twelve or so people hes following includes...

Lars Hanson
UW Athletics
Faatui Tuitele
Tracy Ford
UW Mens Basketball
Terell Bynum
Bookie
Trent McDuffie

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tosh also followed or follows UW athletics. May mean something could not.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tosh also followed or follows UW athletics. May mean something could not.

Either way, it’ll be interesting.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Interesting.

I dont want him at UW. I'd rather have good coaches who realize that being great recruiters is now part of their job too. It's not hard, in fact it's way, way easier than being a great coach.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Interesting.

I dont want him at UW. I'd rather have good coaches who realize that being great recruiters is now part of their job too. It's not hard, in fact it's way, way easier than being a great coach.

You can have 2 DB coaches you realize that right? He’s probably one of the top 5-6 recruiters in the country. Get him.
    Why does one of them need to be a shitty coach? Is it so unbelievable to you that others can coach and recruit even if you don't know who they are yet? There are other ways to build a staff besides hiring retreads with huge red flags.
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

Interesting.

You can have 2 DB coaches you realize that right? He’s probably one of the top 5-6 recruiters in the country. Get him.
    This is true
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dude was apparently telling players he was going to be USC’s next head coach and we? think we? can get him as a co-DB coach?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

chuck said:

Interesting.

Disagree with the bolded.

Yes you want the best coaches possible who are great in every area, but elite recruiting is an intangible skill that very few people have. It's ultra-competitive sales.

Turnover rates at high-commission jobs are insanely high for a reason, the best and brightest on paper can't fucking hack it. I'm ok with having a hired gun on staff who specializes in this area, particularly early on when you still need to sell the vision.

Ideally, once the train gets rolling the program will start recruiting itself more.
    He had a 5 star DE from Georgia committed to fucking Clay Helton before it imploded. Yes please.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

Interesting.

But what about Terrence and Willup!?
  • Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We aint doing jack without guys like him. Sign him yesterday and look for a top recruiting DC.