Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Good write-up on the Ms offseason roster needs/plans

chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/seattle-mariners

I don't think I've ever seen a team I root for in a better position. They could flub whatever acquisitions they make and still field a playoff team if the stars aligned, but they're sitting on nearly $100 million in unclaimed salary money and have a variety of good prospects in their system that they can afford to deal. I honestly have a hard time seeing how they fuck this up.

Comments

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,248
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    For me, Semien to 2B, returning Toro to 3B, and at least one front line (a legit 1 or 2) starter. Depending on physicals, bring back Paxton on a short deal, and if he pops, last year’s #1 (Marco) becomes a really good #3. I would love them to bring Chris Taylor back if not Semien. Hell, get both and put Taylor in CF if they move on from Kyle Lewis…
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

For me, Semien to 2B, returning Toro to 3B, and at least one front line (a legit 1 or 2) starter. Depending on physicals, bring back Paxton on a short deal, and if he pops, last year’s #1 (Marco) becomes a really good #3. I would love them to bring Chris Taylor back if not Semien. Hell, get both and put Taylor in CF if they move on from Kyle Lewis…

I think two good bats are a necessity. I'd be fine with them packaging Lewis in a deal for a CF who can hit. The guy in Pittsburgh would work for me too.

I'd rather they keep Toro, keep him at second, and get a third baseman and an outfielder. I wouldn't cry over him for very long if they signed Simien though.

Beyond those positions/guys, I would LOVE to see them do something at catcher. I'm not sure what. That position doesn't have to be a complete liability offensively.

On the pitching side I'm a Logan Gilbert fan and think he's a very close #1 in the making. My priority would be one more top of the rotation guy and then bullpen. Their luck in the pen from this season won't carry forward without some tinkering but they have quite a few good, young arms so maybe it's not a concern.

Bottom line is that in my mind they should be looking to add about $75 million in annual salary between three players. Two run producers added to France and Hanniger, along with expected improvement from Kelenic, Toro, Crawford and hopefully the catcher spot, and I think the offense will be good. One TOR starter added to the guys they have...Gilbert, Flexen and Marco make an excellent 2-4, then you add someone like Paxton and your own young arms and see how things shake out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nevermind. We'll just add a light hitting second baseman, move the light hitting one we have over to third, and call it good!

Not really. I'm not sure what they're planning but they just added another utility infielder.

If this week goes by and the Ms and Huskies are both still sitting on their hands I'm out. I need something.
  • Options
    ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    chuck said:

Nevermind. We'll just add a light hitting second baseman, move the light hitting one we have over to third, and call it good!

Not really. I'm not sure what they're planning but they just added another utility infielder.

If this week goes by and the Ms and Huskies are both still sitting on their hands I'm out. I need something.

ESPN https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32727266/sources-seattle-mariners-acquiring-utility-player-adam-frazier-trade-san-diego-padres

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam