Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Corey Dillon UW Highlight Video

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Not the greatest quality, but he was a beast! Great song for a highlight video too. Most of the ones nowadays are shit. Those uniforms are fucking hideous though. Some of you shit on our current uniforms, but every single one we wear now are better than purple jerseys, mustard yellow pants, and purple helmets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQa5Z15bCdI

Comments

• Options
    Mr_PetermanMr_Peterman Unconfirmed Posts: 309
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    edited August 2014
    I agree the purple helmets were the worst. I remember seeing the 2 options of purple grape helmets in the Seattle Times paper before Gore invented the Internet. Anything other than the Gold helmet or the gold chrome helmet need to DIAFF ASAP.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    The white ones are almost as bad as the purple one's. Hopefully Peterman isn't as enamored with the sizzle.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The mustard yellow pants are worse than the purple helmets imo.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I remember a radio broadcast interviewing Texas or Colorado defensive players (can't recall the year) prior to the bowl and them saying that being Bjg 12 team they saw running backs like him every week and did not need any special plan to stop him. We lost the game but I remember him using their front 7 as a door mat the first quarter and only letting up when we started throwing more in the second half. He was fun to watch.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    Dem hip pads...... no diggity
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,489
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I remember a radio broadcast interviewing Texas or Colorado defensive players (can't recall the year) prior to the bowl and them saying that being Bjg 12 team they saw running backs like him every week and did not need any special plan to stop him. We lost the game but I remember him using their front 7 as a door mat the first quarter and only letting up when we started throwing more in the second half. He was fun to watch.

96 Holiday Bowl vs. Colorado
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The mustard yellow pants are worse than the purple helmets imo.

Disagree, but I do hate those pants

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,504
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I don't get the hate for the white helmets. They looked good with the white pants and purple jerseys, but I'm only ok with that being a once a year thing. I don't like the black helmets cuz you can't really see the W, but those purple ones are the all-time worst. I'm ok with white once a year, but the rest of the time it needs too be the standard gold or the metallic gold, which is fucking sweet.
  • Options

I don't get the hate for the white helmets. They looked good with the white pants and purple jerseys, but I'm only ok with that being a once a year thing. I don't like the black helmets cuz you can't really see the W, but those purple ones are the all-time worst. I'm ok with white once a year, but the rest of the time it needs too be the standard gold or the metallic gold, which is fucking sweet.

This thread is worthless without PurpleDoogFan
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam

White Helmets are awful. Case Fucking Closed.

The chrome helmets are fucking nice.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

White Helmets are awful. Case Fucking Closed.

The chrome helmets are fucking nice.
    Agreed. I know I'm in the minority but I kind of like the blicks.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    the block at 2:53 got me wet
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    ^ Yeah I noticed that. My favorite was probably the OSU one where he shoves a guy to the ground 20 yards downfield and then scores at the pylon. What a beast. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,504
    Founders Club
    At least 81% of college football players would give a nut to have that highlight reel for their career. Dillon only needed one year. Dude was a savage.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,645
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2014
    man among boys. Complete beast. Dominated at every level of football including the NFL like maybe no other UW player other than Moon can say they did.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Only Doogs think Nip was better. Nip was great, but Dillon was good enough to get a Lambo team past 7 wins, which was a fucking miracle.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He hit the hole like a fucking freight train (yeah, yeah TWSS).

They broke the mold after Dillon - don't care what Tui says.