Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Pete's comments on national TV moments ago

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Lol in no way did he "lash out" at the fans. It was a completely vanilla TV response.

Sure he did. He got that repugnant look of his and said (I'm paraphrasing) that fans don't understand what's going on and when it's your name that's being dissected publicly then the pain is real.
    You misheard him. He said one thing the fans don't see is how painful it is for the players. Hard to argue with that. Also hard to really give a shit about that comment.
    We'll agree to disagree
    Considering you’re often biased about anything to do against UW looking for reasons to validate your disdain ….

Not shocking that you’re getting called out here
    People are giving their opinions. This is a message board.
    It seems to be a limp dick answer from Pete. Most fans have enough awareness to know they don’t understand all the ins and out of any program. They know what good football is and there is a measure for how good a program is and those are wins.

That said, he knows Cohen and isn’t going to bash someone he still kind of works with/for.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Lol in no way did he "lash out" at the fans. It was a completely vanilla TV response.

Sure he did. He got that repugnant look of his and said (I'm paraphrasing) that fans don't understand what's going on and when it's your name that's being dissected publicly then the pain is real.
    You misheard him. He said one thing the fans don't see is how painful it is for the players. Hard to argue with that. Also hard to really give a shit about that comment.
    We'll agree to disagree
    Considering you’re often biased about anything to do against UW looking for reasons to validate your disdain ….

Opinions are assholes … everybody has one
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

We'll agree to disagree

Go after a moderator out on the boards, and your done. You'll be given a timeout at a minimum.

That's how you say it Derek.
    Derek comments from time to time about how I dislike or hate him … it’s giving him some fuel to add to it
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,645
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2021
    the real question here, IMO... is does this signify there's no way UW lets Cohen go?

or is this the equivalent of: "____ is our coach, we have no plans on making any changes". Coach is fired within a week.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

We'll agree to disagree

Opinions are assholes … everybody has one
    One of my favorite sayings.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Can we not cut ties with a guy that quit and gave the hand off to his guy who was fired after 13 games. FFS.
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

We'll agree to disagree

It seems to be a limp dick answer from Pete. Most fans have enough awareness to know they don’t understand all the ins and out of any program. They know what good football is and there is a measure for how good a program is and those are wins.

That said, he knows Cohen and isn’t going to bash someone he still kind of works with/for.
    Wonder if Pete has the awareness to recognize how painful his quitting and subsequent whiffing on the succession hire was for the players.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    wobidbus said:

Tequilla said:

We'll agree to disagree

Wonder if Pete has the awareness to recognize how painful his quitting and subsequent whiffing on the succession hire was for the players.
    If your going to reword my shit at least give me a little breathing room.

• Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    As long as that quitting loser Petersen is at all involved at UW it is only right to care less and lower expectations. Send him, anyone who’s ever worked with him and his psychobabble bullshit packing. Why the fuck does UW insist on paying him a salary when he’s also getting paid to be on TV? Because of his culture? That shitstain’s culture had about as much staying power as I do in the bedroom. Cut the fucking cord, that guy is a loser and the longer he’s around the longer people like Jen get excuses made, or even worse, get celebrated on National TV. The guy is no better than a televangelist cashing checks and telling people what he thinks they want to hear; those that still defend him are part of the problem. Thanks for the above average but still disappointing tenure, now get the fuck out!
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ever think the cameras go off and he just rolls his eyes and tells them it’s a shit show over at UW
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Major Pete > Coach Pete
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is why he walked. He takes it personally. When he lost 2 in a row to Duck it took the shine off of his ‘turnaround’ regime and he became another coach who had to deal with the mob.

It’s the game broseff. No Buck Rodgers > no Bucks. It ain’t fucking boating to Montlake with coffee in hand and getting paid to OKG. It’s a nasty and competitive game. Play it or GTFO.

For Jimmy it was all about the boating and coffee.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,415
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

We'll agree to disagree

Go after a moderator out on the boards, and your done. You'll be given a timeout at a minimum.

That's how you say it Derek.
    Derek comments from time to time about how I dislike or hate him … it’s giving him some fuel to add to it
    I haven't made that comment in probably five years.