Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dick Baird

2»

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Watch for his upcoming meteoric rise up the ranks here as the biggest degenerate of all
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

Watch for his upcoming meteoric rise up the ranks here as the biggest degenerate of all

@coachBIGD91 ??
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,359
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Sources said:

@coachBIGD91 ??
    @DickBared
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    HuskyJW said:

One of my dads played football with him at WSU. They would talk recruiting on the phone….he would have him go to various Portland area games and report back.

He lined up stone cold foxes for recruits on their trips.

He knew stats of every kid that walked through the door to pick up their gameday tickets.

You all can DIAFF

I’m sorry for your loss. Ts & Ps.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baird was disgraceful as a Gilby and Ty apologist Gutless I'd say, as I know he knew that what he was saying was wrong. I've been relatively impressed with some of his writing on doogpound this season though. His Xs and Os are always pretty strong and when he uses them to make the right point he's a pretty solid guy.

I've never listened to him speak. Maybe he'd bug me worse than he does.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

Swaye said:

The guy has a ton of heart and you can feel how much he cares. Thanks for being you coach. Your lightness made me feel better even when I was pissed off.

Is this a whoosh? It has to be. Baird is a goddamn enemy of all that is good and holy.
    He is also part of what "we" hold to be good and holy, historically. I parrot what DJ (ILTCHDJ, IWILTD) said earlier. Spent some time around him, much different than what he was saying Honk-wise. He is (was) media, and good media has access...Speak the truth, lose access, lose gig..."not in the middle of the store"...
    He took it to an extreme level with the delusional dooging, but no hate from me for assuring he kept his job.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,872
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Fishpo31 said:

Swaye said:

The guy has a ton of heart and you can feel how much he cares. Thanks for being you coach. Your lightness made me feel better even when I was pissed off.

Is this a whoosh? It has to be. Baird is a goddamn enemy of all that is good and holy.
    He is also part of what "we" hold to be good and holy, historically. I parrot what DJ (ILTCHDJ, IWILTD) said earlier. Spent some time around him, much different than what he was saying Honk-wise. He is (was) media, and good media has access...Speak the truth, lose access, lose gig..."not in the middle of the store"...
    He took it to an extreme level with the delusional dooging, but no hate from me for assuring he kept his job.
    He took it farther than was needed. We all get that they have to play the stupid media games for access, but his stupid pom pom shit made for bad radio. Now does he drink himself into a coma? I kid...
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He lost all credibility at the beginning of 2008 when he said he was “happy Dr Emmert kept Coach Willingham because he is a great sports educator”. Then at the beginning of 2009 he said he would’ve fired Willingham after the 2007 season.

He basically admitted that he had outright lied to everyone a year earlier.

And why? Probably so he could go to practice and jerk off with Chris Tormey - the guy who had the pictures before Johnny Nansen.

Good riddance.

Hate the dementia, not the demented.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

He lost all credibility at the beginning of 2008 when he said he was “happy Dr Emmert kept Coach Willingham because he is a great sports educator”. Then at the beginning of 2009 he said he would’ve fired Willingham after the 2007 season.

He basically admitted that he had outright lied to everyone a year earlier.

And why? Probably so he could go to practice and jerk off with Chris Tormey - the guy who had the pictures before Johnny Nansen.

Good riddance.

Hate the dementia, not the demented.
    That’s not either. That’s just flat out lying so he can have access to the program.

Same bullshit with the LP3.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Everything you hear him say on the radio, he says the opposite when talking face-to-face with his guard down.

This feels somehow worse to me than just being a moron like he comes off.
    I stopped listening to the Honks years ago, and so I have nothing against Baird at all.

But one example I can remember is how he used to defend Neuheisel's recruiting on the show when critics called in. And then I was talking with him on the phone, and he went off on a mini-rant on how dumb Neu's recruiting had been. I remember him saying, "I mean c'mon, seven fucking wide receivers!"
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

dnc said:

Everything you hear him say on the radio, he says the opposite when talking face-to-face with his guard down.

This feels somehow worse to me than just being a moron like he comes off.
    I stopped listening to the Honks years ago, and so I have nothing against Baird at all.

But one example I can remember is how he used to defend Neuheisel's recruiting on the show when critics called in. And then I was talking with him on the phone, and he went off on a mini-rant on how dumb Neu's recruiting had been. I remember him saying, "I mean c'mon, seven fucking wide receivers!"
    I was driving around Seattle once on business and the subject was Neu’s recruiting. Baird took it for awhile then went on a 5 minute, apoplectic rant about Oregon’s yellow Hummer that they used to pick up recruits at the airport. The Hummer had just been banned by the NCAA and drunk old Dick was pretty sure its use rated severe sanctions. It was the first time I’d heard the guy and I couldn’t tell if he was senile or merely shit faced.