Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Aranda, Campell, & DeBoer - What is your order of preference?

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
edited November 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board

Aranda, Campell, & DeBoer - What is your order of preference? 100 votes

1. Aranda || 2. Campbell || 3. DeBoer
23%
DerekJohnsonCheersWestDawgCFetters_Nacho_LoverAtomicDawgStinky_HankeyHFNYWilburHooksHandsEsophagealFecesGreenRiverGatorzdoogvilleHuskyClawsPitchfork51NorwegianHuskyUW_Doog_BottheLSkidFecalFeastBendDawg24ROOFDOOGINSHireBRoyTXDawg 23 votes
1. Aranda || 2. DeBoer || 3. Campbell
20%
SwayeRoadDawg55CuntWaffleHoustonHuskyGladstoneTheHBbiak1halfbrainmanmolderwhatshouldicareaboutEwaDawgjarlsbergraygunlouism2washNEsnake12EastCoastDoogCanadawgWRDawgOneNippleGayThoughtscoach_pete_JPGBCoveysLifeInsPolicy 20 votes
1. Campbell || 2. Aranda || 3. DeBoer
22%
honeybadger40dtdTequillaspudeninsinceredawgtvoieQuietcowskeehardhatbackthepackEl_KDoogDawgTripper_JohnsonNeighbor2972Fear_BonerOreDawgSanchoFLADawg16webdawg132girls1applecupPoop 22 votes
1. Campbell || 2. DeBoer || 3. Aranda
7%
The_UndertakerhaieFremontTrollJackDonakeytheknowledgeLongDukDongRudeboyMathamagician 7 votes
1. DeBoer || 2. Aranda || 3. Campbell
19%
whlinderPostGameOrangeSlicesPurpleBazealumni94chuckfivehundredmileDAWGAlexisSourcesWilliams3YellowSnowBleachedAnusDawgTheDawgFan1227dannarcJoeEDangerously1to392831weretakenToiletBowl1983StLouisDawgJamaican_CigarDoogerMcFarland 19 votes
1. DeBoer || 2. Campbell ||3. Aranda
9%
RaceBannonHouhuskyMad_SongmoIce_HolmvikFireCohendirtysouwfdawgPsychicHotlineDawgChillyDawg 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DeBoer’s a really good for a tier 2 type guy, might even have the highest ceiling of the 3
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Reno; Frank; PGOS
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    1. DeBoer || 2. Aranda || 3. Campbell
    I thought Aranda to LSU was basically a done deal at this point?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'm curious what people prefer, not likelihood of being hired.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    We aren't getting Aranda or Campbell with the SC and LSU jobs open but either one would be a slam dunk. DeBoer is a great hire as well but I worry about his recruiting ability to an extent
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Campbell is my first choice right now. His profile reminds me of CP but he's a lot younger than CP was when he came here so I think he could potentially stay 10+ years if he comes. Aranda is a longshot at best given USC and LSU are both interested in him. DeBoer is a great plan B but does carry some risk since he's only been a FBS head coach for 2 years and has never recruited at the P5 level.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    PatsDoog said:

We aren't getting Aranda or Campbell with the SC and LSU jobs open but either one would be a slam dunk. DeBoer is a great hire as well but I worry about his recruiting ability to an extent

I’m worried about his recruiting a bit also. But he’ll try so it’ll be better than Jimmy’s by default. Also he seems to know how to work the transfer portal, which given the state of this years class might be a pretty important tool this winter. I think I’d still want Campbell or Aranada, but it’s close.
  • Options
    PatsDoog said:

The USC 247 board seems to think Campbell is coming but I don't think see him as a good fit for LA. I don't think he's a SEC guy either. My guess is he either takes the UW job or holds out for a top tier Big 10 job.

Slightly off topic but is Harbaugh's job in jeopardy after he gets plungered by Ohio State again? Campbell would absolutely take the Michigan job.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Campbell. Best track record over a bigger sample size
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

PatsDoog said:

The USC 247 board seems to think Campbell is coming but I don't think see him as a good fit for LA. I don't think he's a SEC guy either. My guess is he either takes the UW job or holds out for a top tier Big 10 job.

Slightly off topic but is Harbaugh's job in jeopardy after he gets plungered by Ohio State again? Campbell would absolutely take the Michigan job.
    Lol no. Some may push for it out of frustration, but it’s as likely to happen as it was for UW to fire Petersen
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

PatsDoog said:

Lol no. Some may push for it out of frustration, but it’s as likely to happen as it was for UW to fire Petersen
    In that case, if Campbell leaves ISU he'll likely be heading out west.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I change my vote to Campbell, Aranda, Deboer.

Campbell is the only one with any kind of a track record. The others are hopeful shot in the darks to have any consistency.
  • Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

PatsDoog said:

Fickel is the vulture sitting on a branch in the Midwest. He could go to Michigan for Harbaugh,, Notre Dame for Kelly,, or Penn St for Franklin. Just waiting for one to die.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

PatsDoog said:

In that case, if Campbell leaves ISU he'll likely be heading out west.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTQ27BIq8fk
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    1. DeBoer || 2. Campbell ||3. Aranda
    Aranda is my last choice. I'd happily take Campbell, maybe over DeBoer. I decided to withhold drop research until after I have to decide why to hate the hire.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    You can't really argue with any of them. Aranda has spent 13 seasons as a coach in California (7), Hawaii (4), and Utah (2) and is probably a little ahead of DeBoer in terms of upside. My concern is that his defense was slipping at LSU, at least in terms of statistics but it could be also due to their emphasis on a high powered, aerial passing offense rather than a slower paced to protect the D.

2010 Hawaii 82nd 100th 57th [29]
    2011 Hawaii 73rd 92nd 53rd [29]
    2012 Utah State 15th 39th 15th [29]
    2013 Wisconsin 9th 25th 5th [30]
    2014 Wisconsin 9th 9th 24th [31]
    2015 Wisconsin 2nd 5th 4th [32]
    2016 LSU 5th 14th 10th [33]
    2017 LSU 12th 21st 24th [34]
    2018 LSU 30th 44th 38th [35]
    2019 LSU 32nd 57th 24th

Campbell is the lowest risk out of all of them and with the longest track record. He doesn't have any West Coast ties but he is a good recruiter. Seems like the kind of coach who takes a little while to get going (a rich man's Dave Clawson?) and that may not fit the timeline because the opening would be great if USC can't get it together, Cristobal leaves Oregon, and UCLA fires Chip Kelly this season or next season.

I have put quill to papyrus in the candlelight for DeBoer, crumpling most of it up but sending a few to him with a hint of my cologne. Love the upside and really like his coaching staff but he has the least overall experience. He does, however, have a relationship with Tedford and has 5 years of experience recruiting at the West Coast (3 as an OC / QB coach and 2 as a HC). Offense is the immediate concern of this Huskies team and where more of the transfers could happen so he makes sense there while his DC (William Inge) looks to have taken the next step in 2021.

Due to a lack of P5 experience, he is the riskiest but the dude wins pretty big. He'll probably win next week at SJSU (Haener has been banged up so a little extra time off will have helped him before the game as well as time off before the bowl). He's also the cheapest so he could poach staff from other Pac-12 schools with bigger offers (doubling a few key salaries). I'm sure DeBoer would accept a $4.0 million / $4.5 million dollar a year deal with some nice incentives because he'd renegotiate anyway after two years if he's reloaded the offense and gotten the most out of the D talent (particularly the DL).