Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Back to real market (j/k)

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Stock market has not acted well last couple of weeks. Can't tell if it's end of year profit taking, or acceptance of covid being with us for the foreseeable future, coupled with inflation that isn't going away without fed exploding interest rates much higher killing the recovery.

Have you been buying into this, waiting for it to go lower, etc.

Disney looks good here to initiate a position, twitter below 50 as a trade I can get behind, Zillow is worth a look, Amgen at $200 is giving you a 3.3% dividend, Mastercard, Visa, look enticing, Paypal has lost a 1/3rd of it's value in 5 months, Boeing can't get out of the $210 range no matter how hard it tries, but doesn't go any lower, etc

My kryptonite has always been to buy early.

What are other people doing right now?

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm ride or die with bitcoin.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    edited November 2021
    Need to switch over to crypto amigo. Stock market wont give you nearly the returns of holding good crypto gems
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Need to switch over to crypto amigo. Stock market wont give you nearly the returns of holding good crypto gems

What crypto currencies do you pick? There are hundreds out there, how many survive?

What is the tipping point when the general public uses them in day to day transactions and aren't just a gambling/trading vehicle? They can't move 2-5% in a day and be used as a real currency? Businesses can't/won't ever take that risk.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,100
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Since last year just reading these boards, I have made some money on the short squeezing. I now have it in Apple and Microsoft and I am up $2000 overall. I am small potatoes on this stuff.

I have been reading a lot about crypto and made a quick $5000 on SHIB, which I put into AVAX, ADA, SOLA, and DOT. one of the four is taking off off (AVAX). the other three are experiencing dips, but I am just going to hold for now. Not plunking anymore in until i can find that diamond that will explode or go parabolic as they say on all the YouTube videos

When it comes to finding the diamond, that is tough. there are just so many out there. Then you must sign up on specific sites just to buy certain coins, which I am not a big fan of.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Use the voyager app for VGX and you can also buy ethereum Bitcoin avalanche and Luna

If you really want to make money then get on an exchange. I use Kucoin. My top plays for the foreseeable future are $KDA and $ RNDR. $RFOX is good too but I’m not in it yet.

Im hugely bullish on the $VGX voyager token so that’s a good safe bet if you can’t get on Kucoin
  • Options
    guatedawgguatedawg Member Posts: 28
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    El_K said:

Since last year just reading these boards, I have made some money on the short squeezing. I now have it in Apple and Microsoft and I am up $2000 overall. I am small potatoes on this stuff.

I have been reading a lot about crypto and made a quick $5000 on SHIB, which I put into AVAX, ADA, SOLA, and DOT. one of the four is taking off off (AVAX). the other three are experiencing dips, but I am just going to hold for now. Not plunking anymore in until i can find that diamond that will explode or go parabolic as they say on all the YouTube videos

When it comes to finding the diamond, that is tough. there are just so many out there. Then you must sign up on specific sites just to buy certain coins, which I am not a big fan of.

It looks like most people here are Bitcoiners, but I like ETH. Similiar to Bitcoin, stable. Putting money in either will beat SP500, imho. Personally, I would be disappointed in 50% annual growth for the next five years. Several others I have invested in have grown 3x, 5x in the last couple of months.

Educating oneself is key. I've heard many successful crypto people describe their journey started going down some rabbit hole. I started going down some holes in June this year and haven't left. I started with Youtube videos, but found these to be spastic and juvenile. Obscure charts and graphs that retroactively explained some market movement.

I think podcasts are more informative. A few I like are Bankless, Into the Eth, Edge of NFT, old Modern Finance. When I first started listening I understood less than 10% of what was being discussed. Now it is rare if I don't understand 90%.

I never heard of Discord before July but now I spend a couple hours a day keeping track of investments. It is important to know if people are pumping and dumping or got diamond hands. I only invest in the teams and longterm growth. I'm not a fan of the shitcoins.

I know nothing about stocks, but in three solid months of research I am convinced crypto, the metaverse, NFTs are the future. There are ridiculous amounts of money to be made.

I hope this space can be a place where there are serious discussions occur vs. people just shilling their bags.

• Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,100
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Talk about this bag, homo!

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,869
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    El_K said:

Talk about this bag, homo!

ScrotumCoin. I'm in.

• Options