Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sark effect update

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the way Jimmy was fired was fine, actually. The fact that he never should have gotten the job in the first place is unforgivable.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I don't get the Sark obsession around here. Are we still in the jilted lover phase?

I laugh at Texass regardless
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2021
    chuck said:

ntxduck said:

There’s no chance he gets fired this year…right?

I don't pay much attention to contracts. They must owe him an awful lot of money if it's too expensive to dump him though. What more do they need to see?
    So, this is also decently interesting in how screwed they are. Reportedly Sark has a 6 year $34.2 million contract. However on top of that they still owe Herman $10M over two years. It is Texas, but do you really think an AD has the cohones to walk into the Chancellor's office of a public school to ask to swallow a second large contract and hire a third coach on the books at say $25-$30 million? Not including presumably a considerable amount of other sunk costs in coordinators and staff. How would that conversation go exactly?

• Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    Founders Club

ntxduck said:

You have to wonder, when are these dumbfuck ADs going to quit paying fuck-you money to these idiots over long term contracts? Pay them a solid wage with MASSIVE incentive bonuses.

Jimmy Lake is Exhibit A on how NOT to hire/fire a coach. $10 fucking million for jack shit. Sark is going to get shit canned and walk away with a pile of money. Why? They are losers.

And don't give me that bullshit line about how much money football brings in. Sure, but having to bring in a shitload of money PLUS $10 Million to pay off failed coach is fucking stupid business.

Kick these stupid career in college athletics ADs to the curb and bring in some real business people. It's a product. Sell it, make it better, manage the finances.

AD Cohen has no business being in the position she is in. Outlasting everyone else in the department who does not equal competence.

And the dumbfuck Cuog reject who is Texas' AD is no better.

I agree with you on most of this, however how exactly is that going to go if the going rate for a Big 5 coach is X and the astute "real business person" tries to sign the hot coaching candidates low guaranteed money? 0.0% chance of landing any of them as long as everyone else is willing to guarantee the big money.

You are dead on in terms of the mindset though... it's govt/bureaucratic/politician type thinking vs. running your own business that you own. Funny when it's your own money how differently you treat it.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    gmo said:

ntxduck said:

You have to wonder, when are these dumbfuck ADs going to quit paying fuck-you money to these idiots over long term contracts? Pay them a solid wage with MASSIVE incentive bonuses.

Jimmy Lake is Exhibit A on how NOT to hire/fire a coach. $10 fucking million for jack shit. Sark is going to get shit canned and walk away with a pile of money. Why? They are losers.

And don't give me that bullshit line about how much money football brings in. Sure, but having to bring in a shitload of money PLUS $10 Million to pay off failed coach is fucking stupid business.

Kick these stupid career in college athletics ADs to the curb and bring in some real business people. It's a product. Sell it, make it better, manage the finances.

AD Cohen has no business being in the position she is in. Outlasting everyone else in the department who does not equal competence.

I agree with you on most of this, however how exactly is that going to go if the going rate for a Big 5 coach is X and the astute "real business person" tries to sign the hot coaching candidates low guaranteed money? 0.0% chance of landing any of them as long as everyone else is willing to guarantee the big money.

You are dead on in terms of the mindset though... it's govt/bureaucratic/politician type thinking vs. running your own business that you own. Funny when it's your own money how differently you treat it.
    Because a real business person would call bullshit and run it like a business. A REAL business person would apologize for years of inflating coaches’ salaries. They’d treat the fans and boosters like customers instead of cash machines.

Fans and boosters are just as dumb to continue to pay into the current fuckery.

People act like football coaches are some rare commodity. They aren’t. There are literally tens of thousands of them in this country.

It would only take one business-oriented AD to take make a statement. The rest are sheep and would do the same.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

gmo said:

ntxduck said:

Because a real business person would call bullshit and run it like a business. A REAL business person would apologize for years of inflating coaches’ salaries. They’d treat the fans and boosters like customers instead of cash machines.

People act like football coaches are some rare commodity. They aren’t. There are literally tens of thousands of them in this country.

It would only take one business-oriented AD to take make a statement. The rest are sheep and would do the same.

You could take that mindset as an AD but that doesn’t mean a top tier coach is signing.

Jen was stupid in that she guaranteed Donovan for 3 years and bumped his pay higher than the last oc when he had zero leverage.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

take meeeeeeee hoooooooooommmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

gmo said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

I don't pay much attention to contracts. They must owe him an awful lot of money if it's too expensive to dump him though. What more do they need to see?
    So, this is also decently interesting in how screwed they are. Reportedly Sark has a 6 year $34.2 million contract. However on top of that they still owe Herman $10M over two years. It is Texas, but do you really think an AD has the cohones to walk into the Chancellor's office of a public school to ask to swallow a second large contract and hire a third coach on the books at say $25-$30 million? Not including presumably a considerable amount of other sunk costs in coordinators and staff. How would that conversation go exactly?

JFC. That's some funny shit. Who the actual fuck would have guaranteed him $34 million? Man.
    Sark has the best agent ever
    I used to think it was Kirk Ferentzezez's. Sark's is next level.

Maybe it's the same guym?!?!?!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2021

gmo said:

ntxduck said:

You could take that mindset as an AD but that doesn’t mean a top tier coach is signing.

Jen was stupid in that she guaranteed Donovan for 3 years and bumped his pay higher than the last oc when he had zero leverage.
    That's one of my points - why the FUCK are they offering these clowns long term contracts? Get it done or GTFO.

Dipshit like Jimmy will never ever ever make $3 Million per year doing anything but this con game. He's not C-level suite smart (Peterman 'might' be). Jimmy's not. Wilcox is not. Harsin is not.

It's absurd the fake labor market these AD's have created trying to keep up with the Jones'. Fuck those guys.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't get the Sark obsession around here. Are we still in the jilted lover phase?

i love sark
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    Swaye's Wigwam

He specifically targeted UW assistants because he was so butthurt he couldn't beat them. FTG and fuck UT. Leaving for the SEC when they can't even beat their own league.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Have you heard Sark talk? It is fucking hilarious. It is a beautiful hybrid of coach speak and used car salesman with a sprinkle of dude brah on top. Super entertaining.