Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rigor Morris

theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,590
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
I don’t hate him but kid’s a stiff.

Comments

• Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    Lol! Would even be funnier if his last name was "Mortis", lol.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

LawDawg1 said:

I hate him

If you're going to hate someone, hate the person/people who have put us in the position of having him as the only option
    I don’t believe he is our only option. I’d like to see someone else fail with some upside. Get his feet wet.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Morris wasn't the problem in this specific game. McMillan and Odunze can't beat their guys 1:1 in the end zone which is unacceptable. We can't burn out their D running the ball even though their offense went 3 and out for 3+ quarters, which is unacceptable.

This loss was somehow worse than the one in 2019.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    zero fucking emotion, just an ongoing blank stare.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Morris wasn't the problem in this specific game. McMillan and Odunze can't beat their guys 1:1 in the end zone which is unacceptable. We can't burn out their D running the ball even though their offense went 3 and out for 3+ quarters, which is unacceptable.

McMillan beat his man on the interception. That was like three yards short under thrown.

Odunze did drop a touchdown though. He does that a lot so far in his career.

The wr’s have some talent but are not yet good. Morris taking a sack to make the field goal a 50 yarder was brutal too.

The bigger issue is we don’t have anyone better than Morris on the roster and that’s not his fault.
    You're McMillan going up against a borderline mw db bat it the fuck down.

Second int to this "elite" receiver who seemingly just takes bubble screens 8 yards.

Dude is soft and it's costing us.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

McMillan beat his man on the interception. That was like three yards short under thrown.

The wr’s have some talent but are not yet good. Morris taking a sack to make the field goal a 50 yarder was brutal too.

The bigger issue is we don’t have anyone better than Morris on the roster and that’s not his fault.
    Morris throws those go routes into about a 15' diameter window. That's as precise as he can be. A regular QB is upset if he throws it to the outside shoulder instead of inside (or vice versa). Morris is thrilled if the receiver can get a single hand on it in bounds.

Odunze should have caught the one, but even it was at least 5' off the mark and he was in the midst of adjusting to it with a guy in his face when it hit him. There were a couple of others that were uncatchable by a mile, and McMillan was wide open and trying to come back for the one that was picked. He had no chance.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

haie said:

You're McMillan going up against a borderline mw db bat it the fuck down.

Second int to this "elite" receiver who seemingly just takes bubble screens 8 yards.

Dude is soft and it's costing us.
    I agree he doesn’t fight for the ball like he should. Bad throw. I don’t know if his momentum would have let him come back on that particular one. But he clearly beat his man.

In general that is his biggest weakness. His ratio of interceptions to targeted passes may lead the country.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Postal91 said:

Huard knew the axe was falling. Why burn a year in this shitshow when pops is going to make sure the next coach doesn’t fuck doorknobs as a hobby.

If huard is not better than Morris now he is not worth the hype. I am pretty sure this is the case.

I bought that at the beginning year. Morris is so bad I don’t think anyone watches that unfold for the full season if they are worth anything hope I am wrong. And coaching can absolutely make a difference. But Morris is probably the worst starting husky qb to go through a season in my lifetime
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No reason not to play Huard against Wazzu next week. The whole game. Only reason I’ll be tuning in.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

No reason not to play Huard against Wazzu next week. The whole game. Only reason I’ll be tuning in.

No bowl game to worry about so start Huard and let it rip.
    Exactly.