Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA 75th anniversary team

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2021
    Several on there that I think should not be, but also not sure who would replace them.

Carmelo, Lillard, Paul Pierce, Iverson.

Would liked to have seen vote totals next to each name.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2021
    Take off Carmelo for sure.
    Bob Cousy won and stuff but whenever I see his highlights he sure looks like he sucks. Hard to judge old timers.
    Russell Westbrook ffs he is not a top 75 player.
    Kevin Mchale and Robert Parrish were good but not sure I would have them on there. Could be convinced either way.
    Bill walton was amazing but short lived. Not sure he should be on the list.

People up for discussion that were not on the list.

Dwight Howard should be on the list.
    Klay Thompson is basically Reggie Miller but on a better team.
    Bernard king was big time scorer.
    Alex English like king was another big time scorer.
    Vince Carter was really good in his prime.
    Amar’e stoudemire is probably on the list if Robert horry never hip checks Steve Nash on to the scorers table. I guess that’s what you get for being a dumbass.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Several on there that I think should not be, but also not sure who would replace them.

Carmelo, Lillard, Paul Pierce, Iverson.

Would liked to have seen vote totals next to each name.

Iverson deserves to be on the list. No question.

Bernard King, fo' sho'. Alex English. Buckets. George Karl touts him as the greatest Nugget of all time -over Issel, David Skywalker and Carmello. He's in.

Don't like the Dame selection. Could also go back through some of the really old timers and drop them off. Bill Sharman could fall off and nobody would even notice. Hal Greer? C'mon.

I gotta think you need to contemplate TMac, Penny and Vince Carter. Injuries fucked two of them and people forget early VC.

Too many Knicks, too - Reed, Monroe, Debuschere, Lucas. All great - but if the NBA HQ is going to be such homers, put Clyde Frazier and Bill Bradley in there too. That team won exactly two NBA titles, by the way. Manu deserves better over all those old fucks.

• Options
    ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    A lot of good players left off. I don't know how one hand Bob Cousy is considered one of the best 75 players of all time? He played on a championship team but his skill level was very basic, basic. It all comes down to politics anyway.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

A lot of good players left off. I don't know how one hand Bob Cousy is considered one of the best 75 players of all time? He played on a championship team but his skill level was very basic, basic. It all comes down to politics anyway.

Cousy was an all timer.

Hal fucking Grier?!?! Over Klay Thompson? Fuck that.
  • Options
    ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Cousy was an all timer.

Hal fucking Grier?!?! Over Klay Thompson? Fuck that.
    Bob Cousy was lucky that he played for the Celtics during their heyday winning all those NBA titles...so many point guards were better than him not on the list in my mind.

Nostalgia sometimes regulates common sense with the people who vote as well as politics.