Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Travels With Mabel

Comments

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    DHD said:

Shocked that you didn't post pics of the new clear cuts between Pluvious and Wallville while making your escape, but I thank you for it.

Just because you've left Pacific County, doesn't mean it's ok to invite all the tourists in behind you.

How bad did they cut it up? They had done the south side years ago - and down by the new bridges on the north - I know the guy the lives down in Walville - did some work for me. His wife threw him out - he was involved in Jones brewery in Pe Ell
    Edit: Tiny houses is what his ambition was - then his wife asked him to leave
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

DHD said:

Shocked that you didn't post pics of the new clear cuts between Pluvious and Wallville while making your escape, but I thank you for it.

Just because you've left Pacific County, doesn't mean it's ok to invite all the tourists in behind you.

How bad did they cut it up? They had done the south side years ago - and down by the new bridges on the north - I know the guy the lives down in Walville - did some work for me. His wife threw him out - he was involved in Jones brewery in Pe Ell
    Edit: Tiny houses is what his ambition was - then his wife asked him to leave
    Size matters
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,793
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm digging this thread

The new name helps.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When I lived in Pacific County a daily occurrence is logging trucks - easily 15 or so a day. Since leaving Washington, a few logging trucks in Eastern Oregon and Idaho, a rare occasion in Utah and when I went to the Grand Canyon saw one logging truck. Numerous signs for one area north of the canyon about logging operations and that has been it.

Washington might be number one in logging.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,793
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Went to the Northern Rim of the Grand Canyon, really nice drive elevation up at 9K so a 4K climb and then all of a sudden the canyon is 50 feet to the side of the road. Jaw dropping. Bad news is the park is closed for winter Dec 1- thru Feb 28 - so why was it closed now?

Not able to do much of anything as I can't do hardly any walking due to bum knee, so gentle walking and no climbing. Had dog with us and no dogs allowed. Lodge and Saloon closed.
    still impressive - colors and all that are amazing

The other one that is interesting - some Germans are traveling in two rigs and pulled in last night. This thing is a VW - VW thing?

So Earth Cruiser's factory is about 4 miles from Casa de Yella. They use and Isuzu platform I believe.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Both our houses have wheels but yours look much nicer.

edit: My wheels got stolen.

Hey! You cleaned up all the empty beer cans and dilapidated lawn chairs. Yard looks great.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,652

The Throbber needs to see/hear Mabel's side of this.

Preferably Mable's backside.

Swaye's Wigwam
    I feel special - I posted a pix that the throbber is obviously throbbing to
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    Founders Club