Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We will be podding tonight

2»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd take Choate back as a position coach I guess but I'd probably rather retain Maloe.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

People even mentioning Choate as a candidate sends me into an irrationally blinding rage.

The guy was/is a great position coach. Simply okay as a HC at the FCS level. Paul Wulff was more successful in the FCS, yet WSU was derided for stooping down to grab him, and they're as small-time as it gets.

Craig Bohl was one of the greatest coaches ever in the FCS. Yet he had to settle for the Wyoming job at the FBS level. G5 and limpdick P5 programs can go hire FCS coaches. We need to stay the fuck away from that kind of discount hire.

Jim tressel would be the counter to this. But I agree for the most part.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,420
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

People even mentioning Choate as a candidate sends me into an irrationally blinding rage.

The guy was/is a great position coach. Simply okay as a HC at the FCS level. Paul Wulff was more successful in the FCS, yet WSU was derided for stooping down to grab him, and they're as small-time as it gets.

Craig Bohl was one of the greatest coaches ever in the FCS. Yet he had to settle for the Wyoming job at the FBS level. G5 and limpdick P5 programs can go hire FCS coaches. We need to stay the fuck away from that kind of discount hire.

Bob Stoops is also from Youngstown

• Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    What will y'all be drinking?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I'd take Choate back as a position coach I guess but I'd probably rather retain Maloe.

I'd definitely take him as DL coach.

Nothing above that.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    Founders Club
    hardhat said:

Top Shelf coffee.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    Founders Club
    hardhat said:

Bottom shelf coffee
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

hardhat said:

Bottom shelf coffee that drinks like a yerba mate
  • Options
    PizzadogPizzadog Member Posts: 29
    Swaye said:

I'd like everyone's opinion on hiring Choate. Please also state that I will burn down every wagon in the state of Warshington if we hire Choate.

2 weeks of uncontrollable rage, followed by a year of depression. Eventually I would accept we suck as a program and continue going to all the games like the miserable sack of shit I am.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Question for the Pod. Do any of you think Cohen has enough gravitas left at UW to scrounge together 6-7 mil for a coach and 6-7 mil for a staff? Big picture it’s Not much more than was paid to Pete and staff in 2019 but with the Hopkins firing and buyout looming in the off season and the Jimmy mess and full buyout can she get this done?

TIA

Sorry. Forgot to check this thread while podding.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Question for the Pod. Do any of you think Cohen has enough gravitas left at UW to scrounge together 6-7 mil for a coach and 6-7 mil for a staff? Big picture it’s Not much more than was paid to Pete and staff in 2019 but with the Hopkins firing and buyout looming in the off season and the Jimmy mess and full buyout can she get this done?

TIA

Sorry. Forgot to check this thread while podding.
    Thanks Taft!
  • Options

The thing about Tressell was he coached in Ohio, dominated, and had all the relationships with the Ohio high school coaches to get any guy he wanted from the state.
    He was also serious about winning and willing to do what it took.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,420
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

The thing about Tressell was he coached in Ohio, dominated, and had all the relationships with the Ohio high school coaches to get any guy he wanted from the state.
    Pretty much tattooed on the players
  • Options
    edited November 2021

dnc said:

Pretty much tattooed on the players
    In the NLI/milquetoast NCAA era Tressel would be borderline unstoppable.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Is Tressel tanned, rested and ready?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    Founders Club

Is Tressel tanned, rested and ready?

No… Lewd, Crued and Tattooed!