Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Former Texas Coach Tom Herman Rumored Candidate At Washington

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I know retreads basically never work, but this guy seems good. He clearly outperformed Sark at Texas. Maybe recruiting went to shit and he left the cupboards dry but I’m sure a shitty class at Texas is still like 14th in the country. I read here somewhere that he seems like kind of a bumpkin but he’s literally a member of Mensa.

Tell me why I should hate this idea.
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I know retreads basically never work, but this guy seems good. He clearly outperformed Sark at Texas. Maybe recruiting went to shit and he left the cupboards dry but I’m sure a shitty class at Texas is still like 14th in the country. I read here somewhere that he seems like kind of a bumpkin but he’s literally a member of Mensa.

He's arguably the biggest dickhead in college football. The fact that he's publicly a member of Mensa should be enough to confirm that (seriously, who the fuck even joins, let alone advertises that shit?). The stories of his assholery are pretty well known and nobody he's worked with speaks well of him. Probably not the kind of character profile you want to go with after just running a guy for being a clueless asshole himself. The baby-shit-soft players he left behind at Texas are good evidence of how little control he had over his program. And he wasn't even good at Texas.

Pass in every way imaginable. Let him go rehab with Saban and then maybe he'll be palatable.
    For fuck sake, Sark rehabbed with Saban and he’s on the hot seat!!
    You make zero sense
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Bonedog said:

He's arguably the biggest dickhead in college football. The fact that he's publicly a member of Mensa should be enough to confirm that (seriously, who the fuck even joins, let alone advertises that shit?). The stories of his assholery are pretty well known and nobody he's worked with speaks well of him. Probably not the kind of character profile you want to go with after just running a guy for being a clueless asshole himself. The baby-shit-soft players he left behind at Texas are good evidence of how little control he had over his program. And he wasn't even good at Texas.

Pass in every way imaginable. Let him go rehab with Saban and then maybe he'll be palatable.
    You make zero sense
    It was a fucking joke. Nobody actually gives any weight to Saban's home for damaged goods coaches.
  • Options
    Alright, I’m convinced. Who says you can’t change minds on the internet?

Didn’t even think about the Mensa membership=Tryhard asshole angle.
  • Options
    I’d still be way more excited by Herman than Wilcox.
  • Options

Smart enough for Mensa but not smart enough to win a conference championship in four seasons at Texas.

• Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2021

Let him go rehab with Saban and then maybe he'll be palatable.
    It would be a Grand Slam.
  • Options

I’d still be way more excited by Herman than Wilcox.

I'd be way more excited by Wilcox than keeping Jimmy Lake for another year
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Bonedog said:

You make zero sense
    It was a fucking joke. Nobody actually gives any weight to Saban's home for damaged goods coaches.
    People forget that Billy Napier rehabbed with Saban before it was cool.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Coker says that Herman would crater the program
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

• Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Herman gives me that Greasy Rick Nuehisel feeling. Like when he flies to Seattle, a plane of NCAA investigators is on a plane right behind him.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seadawg said:

Herman gives me that Greasy Rick Nuehisel feeling. Like when he flies to Seattle, a plane of NCAA investigators is on a plane right behind him.

Way worse than that. Maybe if you crossed Neuheisel with this guy:

• Options
    montlakemamamontlakemama Member Posts: 10
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Disagree on a couple poonts

He buttfucked Georgia in an NY6. He can coach

Texas has issues as an admin, and massive asshole or not, Herman can coach

I dont see anyone succeeding at Texas anytime soon. That place is cursed.

Sark just compounds the suck