Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Napier, Fickell, DeBoer in that order

This is the way. Any of these 3 would be home runs

Comments

• Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Can deboer recruit
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 761
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    From the very little research I’ve done on Napier, he seems like he would be content sticking around in Louisiana for several years until one of a small handful of SEC jobs becomes available. He’s barely 40 and from the south. He might jump at a “lesser” power 5 job just to get the experience that will be required when an UGA, Florida, or Bama opens up.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Can deboer recruit

He played the transfer portal game very well, but regular recruiting isn’t super impressive. #4 class in the mountain west right now.

As is with any of the other HC options though, they need to add proven recruiters to their staff from the jump
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Can deboer recruit

He played the transfer portal game very well, but regular recruiting isn’t super impressive. #4 class in the mountain west right now.

As is with any of the other HC options though, they need to add proven recruiters to their staff from the jump
    MWC order of team rankings hard to gauge
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021
    The Deboer obsession is weird. I get it he almost beat Oregon with Haens. But ffs it’s his first year as a g5 HC and he lost to fucking Hawaii. Lets actually have some standards please. That’s not even close to a home run hire, it’s pretty risky in fact. I don’t really give a fuck what you did at the d3 level, it’s a lot different. He has the #4 class in the MWC. It’s not even close to a home run.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

From the very little research I’ve done on Napier, he seems like he would be content sticking around in Louisiana for several years until one of a small handful of SEC jobs becomes available. He’s barely 40 and from the south. He might jump at a “lesser” power 5 job just to get the experience that will be required when an UGA, Florida, or Bama opens up.

SEC job openings are quite common really. He wouldn't have to wait long. Florida and Auburn are already on the clock
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

The Deboer obsession is weird. I get it he almost beat Oregon with Haens. But ffs it’s his first year as a g5 HC and he lost to fucking Hawaii. Lets actually have some standards please. That’s not even close to a home run hire, it’s pretty risky in fact. I don’t really give a fuck what you did at the d3 level, it’s a lot different. He has the #4 class in the MWC. It’s not even close to a home run.

3 National titles in 4 years (and a runner up the other) is really strong.

It's very rare those guys don't find success at higher levels.

He's not my first choice but he's a good candidate.
    I like him don’t twist. It’s just not a home run.
    I agree with that. I just don't agree with the "IDGAF what you did at the d3 level".

I do, in fact, gaf.
    The kids you’re dealing with are a lot different. It still matters, I’m being hyperbolic for the sake of my point.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Of course it isn't a home run. Of course it carries massive risk. Of course recruiting is a huge question mark (as it was for Petersen). There's a lot to like with DeBoer though if you unpack it even a little bit.

dnc said:

3 National titles in 4 years (and a runner up the other) is really strong.

It's very rare those guys don't find success at higher levels.

He's not my first choice but he's a good candidate.
    I like him don’t twist. It’s just not a home run.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club