Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Washington - NIU - Tues 7PM

13»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

ReignMan said:

HOP grave stone will say ZONE, because that outdated D is going to bury this guy.

It’s not the zone. I don’t love it either, but it’s really not having anyone that is an actually good offensive player.
    2018 it was just 'throw it in to Dickerson' or 'let Nowell cook'
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I’m 98% sure Kim went to one practice, saw 3 guys with braids and that’s how he came up with how much more athletic they are this year
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

I’m 98% sure Kim went to one practice, saw 3 guys with braids and that’s how he came up with how much more athletic they are this year

They are much more athletic than last year but Hop isn't like your coach where he can just throw a juco/transfer roster together. He needs the previous coach who was a good recruiter to supply him the players as seniors.
  • ReignManReignMan Member Posts: 217
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

ReignMan said:

HOP grave stone will say ZONE, because that outdated D is going to bury this guy.

It’s not the zone. I don’t love it either, but it’s really not having anyone that is an actually good offensive player.
    That too!

They need to open up the rotation, go end line to end line, Bob Huggins type shit.
  • ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    ReignMan said:

ReignMan said:

That too!

They need to open up the rotation, go end line to end line, Bob Huggins type shit.
    Mike Hopkins is coaching for his job this season. He will play an 8 man rotation against better teams and in closer games talent wise. He has shown that during his 5 seasons at Montlake. He doesn't develop the depth very well during the OOC schedule. For example Hopkins knew that Quade Green was going to be academically ineligible weeks in advance and didn't even develop back up pg Elijah Hardy to take over in the meantime just burned Marcus Tsohonis redshirt and Marcus wasn't even a true point guard like Hardy.
  • ReignManReignMan Member Posts: 217
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    I like the athletes and the roster turnover (Thanks Will) they were able to achieve, but without being able to shoot 3's, they are in trouble. He brings in new asst, but obviously does not listen to them. His Rotations still suck, they still look clueless on offense and play a 1980's style Defense. Hop will not survive, because he is a shitty coach.
  • ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    UW Announced Attendance (6,356) https://gohuskies.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2021-22/northern-illinois/boxscore/20065

UW Alaska Airlines Arena has a listed 10,000 max capacity.