Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fautanu at LG

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,312 Swaye's Wigwam
I seem to remember a lot of OLs where they find ways to get the best linemen on the field even if it's not their exact position. Fautanu looked good stepping in for Kirkland at LT. LG has been a black hole with Ale and Buelow. Fautanu is a shorter anyways and his ideal spot body wise might be guard. Why couldn't he step in at LG a long time ago and shore up the spot?

Comments

• QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,293 Swaye's Wigwam
    What about Emtman?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,609
    Kirkland has been banged up and missed a couple of games that TF started so that may have had something to do with it.

I don't mind a LT being 6'4" as long as he has longer arms for his frame and plays well enough to only get noticed when he pancakes a fool.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,312 Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Kirkland has been banged up and missed a couple of games that TF started so that may have had something to do with it.

I don't mind a LT being 6'4" as long as he has longer arms for his frame and plays well enough to only get noticed when he pancakes a fool.

Yeah, move TF to LT those games then back to LG for Oregon. It's a move that should have been made preseason or after Montana when Buelow got blown out against the Grizz.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,216
    Semi-related, what ever happened with the center we got from Mater Dei? Murao? I thought he was talked about being a first year starter at one point.
  • Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 787
    Myles Murao was a God. He was better in high school than Wattenberg is today. It’s not even close.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club

Semi-related, what ever happened with the center we got from Mater Dei? Murao? I thought he was talked about being a first year starter at one point.

Murao will be in the transfer portal 2 weeks after the season. When the tight end/turned OL/turned Full Back/turned back to OL Corey Luciano is the back-up Center over Myles it's curtains he stays here.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    godawgst said:

Murao will be in the transfer portal 2 weeks after the season. When the tight end/turned OL/turned Full Back/turned back to OL Corey Luciano is the back-up Center over Myles it's curtains he stays here.
    Luciano messed up the cal game which was the start of this mess.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,848

He got really fat after knee surgery and never dropped it
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,004 Founders Club

godawgst said:

The 2019 game?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter

godawgst said:

The 2019 game?
    He had the false start on 4th and goal taking A td off the board.

The only 2 decent coaches we’ve had since James both started their downfall with horrible home losses to cal.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,004 Founders Club
    Yup, I remember the play. I was there.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,312 Swaye's Wigwam

I remember when Murao was signed I was like - this guy is like Nick Harris if he was elite. Harris started on a CFP team. Got his ass kicked against Alabama but wasn't scared to mix it up with Jonathan Allen when things got Chippy. Now this blue chip recruit can sniff the field on the worst OL I can ever remember at UW. Things are going great!!!
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355

I remember when Murao was signed I was like - this guy is like Nick Harris if he was elite. Harris started on a CFP team. Got his ass kicked against Alabama but wasn't scared to mix it up with Jonathan Allen when things got Chippy. Now this blue chip recruit can sniff the field on the worst OL I can ever remember at UW. Things are going great!!!
    Yup, and Luke Wattenberg, who has sucked from the moment he's been here, starts at Murao's natural position.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    We have talent on our OL. With a new scheme and new OL coach l, I still think they could be really good.

The whole team is soft. Not every single player but it was probably the biggest reason why Lake had no shot of turning this team around.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam

We have talent on our OL. With a new scheme and new OL coach l, I still think they could be really good.

The whole team is soft. Not every single player but it was probably the biggest reason why Lake had no shot of turning this team around.

He let them get softer.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,706 Founders Club
    chuck said:

He let them get softer.
    You can tell which teams worked harder than ever over covid year and the summer before this year. UW wasn't one of them