Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2 Teens See Burglar Breaking Into 80-Year-Old’s House, Halt Him With Their Bikes, Hailed as Heroes

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,175
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
BY EPOCH INSPIRED STAFF

Columbus police Burglary Detective James Francis doesn’t advise bystanders to stop criminals in the act—but acknowledges that 14- and 15-year-old boys will “do what 14- and 15-year-old boys do.”

Teens Aaromn Hunt, 15, and Desmar Woods, 14, on Sept. 5 crossed paths with a would-be burglar in their eastside neighborhood; the pair were riding their bikes and spotted the suspicious man skulking from home to home—closing on an 80-year-old man’s residence and began to enter the window.

“He was still at somebody else’s house, in the back of their house, and we seen him jump the gate into another house,” Hunt told CBS.

“I just thought of my grandma,” Woods added.

Perhaps following teenage instinct, the pair tracked the would-be intruder and made a commotion, alerting neighbors, who called police. The teens then used their bikes to block the suspect’s escape until authorities arrived.

The man was taken into custody and charged by police, NBC reported.

On Sept. 26, Columbus police decided to recognize the teens for their bravery in preventing the break-in.

“I think it’s a wonderful thing,” Francis told the station. “I think it’s a good example for other people, not only people their age but adults, to get involved in their community and when they do see something, let somebody know about what’s going on.”

The officers brought one of their canine units to meet the boys and play fetch. The duo were also introduced to an equine (horse) officer—before the officers revealed their reward: new bikes.

Opening the back of a mounted SWAT BearCat unit, the officers presented the bikes, courtesy of Starfish Assignment nonprofit and Columbus Division of Police. They’d noticed that the boys’ old bikes weren’t in the best shape.

The teens were thrilled.

“I didn’t even think this was going to happen,” Woods said of the surprise. “I just like helping others.”

Francis said that the teens’ action prevented the neighbor from further victimization, but advises others: “We don’t actually encourage people to physically confront somebody, but to be a good witness.”

But he adds, “If you see something, say something.”

Comments

• Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,004
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,369
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Love these stories.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,969
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Love these stories.

Love these stories says vigilante George Zimmerman.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'm glad those kids didn't get hurt. Took balls or the idiocy of youth. Still cool af.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,369
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Love these stories.

Oh wow, I forgot all about the "white hispanic".

When the press came up with that term I was with family and friends and we all laughed our asses off.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Love these stories.

Except the kids weren't packing heat and Trayvon wasn't doing anything wrong. So the same, but completely different dipshit.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Love these stories.

Except the kids weren't packing heat and Trayvon wasn't doing anything wrong. So the same, but completely different dipshit.
    Other than assault and battery he did nothing wrong.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

BY EPOCH INSPIRED STAFF

Columbus police Burglary Detective James Francis doesn’t advise bystanders to stop criminals in the act—but acknowledges that 14- and 15-year-old boys will “do what 14- and 15-year-old boys do.”

Teens Aaromn Hunt, 15, and Desmar Woods, 14, on Sept. 5 crossed paths with a would-be burglar in their eastside neighborhood; the pair were riding their bikes and spotted the suspicious man skulking from home to home—closing on an 80-year-old man’s residence and began to enter the window.

“He was still at somebody else’s house, in the back of their house, and we seen him jump the gate into another house,” Hunt told CBS.

“I just thought of my grandma,” Woods added.

Perhaps following teenage instinct, the pair tracked the would-be intruder and made a commotion, alerting neighbors, who called police. The teens then used their bikes to block the suspect’s escape until authorities arrived.

The man was taken into custody and charged by police, NBC reported.

On Sept. 26, Columbus police decided to recognize the teens for their bravery in preventing the break-in.

“I think it’s a wonderful thing,” Francis told the station. “I think it’s a good example for other people, not only people their age but adults, to get involved in their community and when they do see something, let somebody know about what’s going on.”

The officers brought one of their canine units to meet the boys and play fetch. The duo were also introduced to an equine (horse) officer—before the officers revealed their reward: new bikes.

Opening the back of a mounted SWAT BearCat unit, the officers presented the bikes, courtesy of Starfish Assignment nonprofit and Columbus Division of Police. They’d noticed that the boys’ old bikes weren’t in the best shape.

The teens were thrilled.

“I didn’t even think this was going to happen,” Woods said of the surprise. “I just like helping others.”

Francis said that the teens’ action prevented the neighbor from further victimization, but advises others: “We don’t actually encourage people to physically confront somebody, but to be a good witness.”

But he adds, “If you see something, say something.”

They looked terrified of the police. DEFUND now! Right Kobe?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    Black faces of white supremacy
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,969
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Black faces of white supremacy

Definitely race traitors.