Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Awkward

2»

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

chuck said:

Lake has been publicly raked over the coals, non stop, for about a week now. He lost his composure on the sidelines and has now been publicly humiliated by his employer. His own staff members won't speak out for him when given an opening. Even the media is at a near consensus that he's failed and needs termination.

So...I still don't buy it that he's keeping his job. He's ruined as a head coach now and it's almost impossible for me to believe that even Jenn and the upper campus would argue otherwise.

I still don't understand what process they are following. The one game suspension is weird. Firing the OC points toward the HC sticking around. I dont know what's going on exactly, but I'll believe Lake keeps his job when I see it.

AcropJr (I know) claims UW is working on negotiating with Jimmy to resign for a smaller buyout and that the 1 game suspension is part of that (rather than an immediate termination).
    Is he as reliable as Kimmy?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Lake has been publicly raked over the coals, non stop, for about a week now. He lost his composure on the sidelines and has now been publicly humiliated by his employer. His own staff members won't speak out for him when given an opening. Even the media is at a near consensus that he's failed and needs termination.

So...I still don't buy it that he's keeping his job. He's ruined as a head coach now and it's almost impossible for me to believe that even Jenn and the upper campus would argue otherwise.

I still don't understand what process they are following. The one game suspension is weird. Firing the OC points toward the HC sticking around. I dont know what's going on exactly, but I'll believe Lake keeps his job when I see it.

AcropJr (I know) claims UW is working on negotiating with Jimmy to resign for a smaller buyout and that the 1 game suspension is part of that (rather than an immediate termination).
    “Changes are coming” - Acrop 6 weeks ago. Dude just throws darts until he gets lucky about being right
    Sounds like a dear friend of mine, you might know him.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    LawDawg1 said:

chuck said:

Is he as reliable as Kimmy?
    Then the AD is dumber than we thought. They took away all the leverage they had. They publicly used words that negated the “for cause” termination. He can sit back and say F off and fire me and collect the remainder. Their one game suspension and public declaration are completely contrary to negotiating a smaller buyout. Doesn’t surprise me given the contract provisions in Lake’s contract for a 1st year head coach.
    It’s why I kinda lost my shit this morning … way too much in the release and too much flipping negotiating power back to Jimmy’s representatives

We’ll end up paying a larger buyout than we should
  • coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

No cost is too high in the defense of freedom

Freedom isn't free.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,728
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

No cost is too high in the defense of freedom

Freedom isn't free.
    Did you know that the F in China stands for freedom?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

This is honestly the most entertained I’ve been about UW Football in a decade.

Now you know what the Taggart year was like around here.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Jimmy is evolving. Jen's so proud of him.
  • ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    chuck said:

If Jen fires Lake it will look bad on her since she's the one who hired him in the first place- it may undermine her judgment particulars giver her questionable head coaching hires in both MMB (Mike Hopkins) & WBB (Jody Wynn). The UW football, men's basketball and women's basketball programs have all dropped under her watch with her hired head coaches leading the way. Although the women's basketball program looks like it may have a solid experienced head coach in former Rice head coach Tina Langley who was just hired this off season.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

chuck said:

If Jen fires Lake it will look bad on her since she's the one who hired him in the first place- it may undermine her judgment particulars giver her questionable head coaching hires in both MMB (Mike Hopkins) & WBB (Jody Wynn). The UW football, men's basketball and women's basketball programs have all dropped under her watch with her hired head coaches leading the way. Although the women's basketball program looks like it may have a solid experienced head coach in former Rice head coach Tina Langley who was just hired this off season.
    Football is all that matters.
  • ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

chuck said:

Football is all that matters.
    I understand that mindset but since the football program is severely underachieving and creating bad PR at the same time it just may highlight her other head coaching hiring mistakes as people take in the totality of Jen Cohen's coaching hiring acumen.