Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Hit A Player: Culture i

123457»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Clevdawg said:

This unacceptable. I am being serious. That jackass hit my kid?

You sound like a pussy. It was a football play. The kid on UW did nothing wrong. Jimmy is paranoid about a penalty and overreacts to the play.

Calling that a punch is crazy. I want Jimmy fired and if this is what it takes, great. But c’mon man. That wasn’t a big deal.
    He’s out of control , that’s the issue. His response to what happened is over blown. Huff and other coaches weren’t even that concerned . Can you imagine DJ doing that shit? Lambright yes and he was fired for 7-4

Also don’t forget the true assault came when the player had his back turned walking away , and Lake pushed him with 2 hands which gives the bad optics and defines intent.
    Yeah, he should just stand there stone-faced and not get upset while getting prison raped by Oregon for the 18th time in 20 years.

Just like Willingham did. You know what I mean? Grow up and act like a loser, Jimmy! Be delusional and don't show any emotions. Just like Willingham.

That's what UW really needs.
    He throws massive tantrums all the time with the refs too. It’s a trend. It’s just one bad trend of his but it’s no coincidence A lot of guys had stupid penalties last game. A lot of words to say he is not good at his job.

Should it matter that he's usually right? Are you defending the talent of Pac12 refs here? I hope not.

Jimmy isn't the problem, folks. He's a symptom of a much larger problem with UW as an institution, a program, and its easily-duped fanbase.

Go ahead and fire Jimmy. But I guarantee his replacement will be even worse. Cook it.
    No, it does not matter if he's right. Nobody likes being publicly berated and being shown up by someone with a low IQ. His tantrums don't do him any favors. That's the point, regardless of whether or not he's right. Lake lets his emotions get the best of him.
    If you're playing up the outrage to get Jimmy fired, then I'm with you.

If you really think his emotional outbursts are a serious problem, then I'm not, because you're coddling dumb-ass players in trophies-for-all fashion and scapegoating Jimmy as the excuse for a program and school with much deeper problems.
    Figure it out and stop arguing with people that this isn't a big deal. THIS IS A BIG DEAL AND JIMMY NEEDS TO BE TERMINATED WITH CAUSE TO SET AN EXAMPLE.
    No it's not. Obvious insurmountable generation gap here.

In my day the Dawgs won a NC. How's it going in the can't handle a helmet slap era?
    Do you not get it? If every fucking thred is "Well this isn't actually a big deal but I'll pretend it is to get Jimmy fired." then the fucking pretend part doesn't fucking work. Start fucking pretending it's a big deal or stfu and let others do so. Jesus, how hard do you idiots want to keep JFL?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fire Jimmy Now! Give Bob Gregory a chance!

We've seen this movie before: Lambright>>Gilby>>Willingham.

Again, Jimmy is a symptom, not the cause. Firing him won't turn this program into a winner. Not with this AD. Not with knee-jerk firings.

I doubt we'll see UW win another Rose Bowl in my lifetime, and forget a NC, given how mentally weak players, administrators and fans have become.

Our AD is mad at fans for voicing displeasure and ruining the kids college experiences. You think there's a snowball's chance in hell she'll bring in a winning coach? Nope. But Good Luck anyway.
  • Options
    TheDudeTheDude Member Posts: 87
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hey remember a few weeks ago when Mario climbed up Kris Hudson's ass for a dumb penalty before the half on national tv. Mario doesn't seem to be wondering if he will be fired. Win football games and there doesn't seem to be an issue
  • Options
    GhostofMosster47GhostofMosster47 Member Posts: 68
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Clevdawg said:

This is how you handle it. The respect and fear this kid had for CP. No way I let my kid play for Jimmy Lake the Jack Ass. You can’t do what Jimmy Lake did. My kid got recruited to a top 5 program. The recruiting process is all about relationships. Sometimes there is no warm and fuzzy just an offer but that is rare. Jimmy lake will have to explain that to every mother in every living room. Good luck with that. The culture has deteriorated. And if you think that’s ok what he did because that’s tough or that’s football. That’s not being mentally tough, that’s Jimmy Lake being a bitch. Players smell bitch, players smell bullshit, when coaches have favorites and don’t play those that perform best in practice for whatever reason . They smell it. You can tell he has favorites and little to no process . The players are acting out not because they are bad kids. The players are taking it out on themselves and others because they know they can win and are not. No pace for it to go so an organization the team implodes. Because of poor leadership. So they act out they only way they can. Players don’t respect him and the Oregon Coach nailed it. UW represents the worst of College football.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020263/uploads/editor/7l/medppqwlnuvr.gif

Wait, who's the Top 5 program in this scenario?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Clevdawg said:

This is how you handle it. The respect and fear this kid had for CP. No way I let my kid play for Jimmy Lake the Jack Ass. You can’t do what Jimmy Lake did. My kid got recruited to a top 5 program. The recruiting process is all about relationships. Sometimes there is no warm and fuzzy just an offer but that is rare. Jimmy lake will have to explain that to every mother in every living room. Good luck with that. The culture has deteriorated. And if you think that’s ok what he did because that’s tough or that’s football. That’s not being mentally tough, that’s Jimmy Lake being a bitch. Players smell bitch, players smell bullshit, when coaches have favorites and don’t play those that perform best in practice for whatever reason . They smell it. You can tell he has favorites and little to no process . The players are acting out not because they are bad kids. The players are taking it out on themselves and others because they know they can win and are not. No pace for it to go so an organization the team implodes. Because of poor leadership. So they act out they only way they can. Players don’t respect him and the Oregon Coach nailed it. UW represents the worst of College football.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020263/uploads/editor/7l/medppqwlnuvr.gif

The wins and losses are the issue man. That goes along with culture and it’s all a F.

Recruits parents aren’t gonna care that much. Most people aren’t th

Clevdawg said:

This unacceptable. I am being serious. That jackass hit my kid?

You sound like a pussy. It was a football play. The kid on UW did nothing wrong. Jimmy is paranoid about a penalty and overreacts to the play.

Calling that a punch is crazy. I want Jimmy fired and if this is what it takes, great. But c’mon man. That wasn’t a big deal.
    He’s out of control , that’s the issue. His response to what happened is over blown. Huff and other coaches weren’t even that concerned . Can you imagine DJ doing that shit? Lambright yes and he was fired for 7-4

Also don’t forget the true assault came when the player had his back turned walking away , and Lake pushed him with 2 hands which gives the bad optics and defines intent.
    Yeah, he should just stand there stone-faced and not get upset while getting prison raped by Oregon for the 18th time in 20 years.

Just like Willingham did. You know what I mean? Grow up and act like a loser, Jimmy! Be delusional and don't show any emotions. Just like Willingham.

That's what UW really needs.
    He throws massive tantrums all the time with the refs too. It’s a trend. It’s just one bad trend of his but it’s no coincidence A lot of guys had stupid penalties last game. A lot of words to say he is not good at his job.
    Saban throws tantrums. He’s mellowed a bit with age. Okay Jim Harbaugh has gotten better but he was the worst at it, especially when he was in the NFL with SF. It happens.

Jimmy needs to be fired. He’s not gonna win. The rest is sizzle and kind of soft.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2021

Interim Offensive Coordinator Jen Cohen?
    I feel better already.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    Clevdawg said:

There are right ways and wrongs ways
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020263/uploads/editor/ug/o3oojwa5if45.gif

This is the right way. Being more physical than the other team is often the difference between losing and winning. Doing what Lake did does not make a player mentally or physically tough. Lake doesn’t have a system or a process and it shows in how the players treat him. He lost his shit. Players don’t fear him. Miami talked more shit than any other team. But when Jimmy Johnson walked by it was STFU. Irvin and BB talk about it all the time. They blame Erickson for letting that slide. As an leaser, Lake lost control. It’s not he needs to learn composure or comportment. He just doesn’t know what he is doing. So Road Dog 55, you sound like one of those collaboration 360 circle jerk review guys and like what Lake is all about. But he will never win Jack Shit. Kids on this team do not respect the coach. Watch Alabama player loses it on the side line on YouTube. Nick Saban never touched that kid M.Brown. That kid knew better. Saban kicked him off the team. Saban a pussy? Nope he is a leader. And now every Husky player knows the coach does it…… that means so can I ..

I’ve seen Saban absolutely light up back up guards that had a false start penalty in garbage time. Alabama was leading like 49-7 when it happened. I’ve seen it multiple times.

I hate Lake. I’ve wanted him fired since Montana. I said when he was hired that it was very unlikely he would be as good or better than Pete. It was a huge overreaction by Jimmy. Jimmy knows his offense sucks and was overly concerned about losing 15 yards of field position. He overreacted to the play when it was already over.

You are right about some things. The players that expected to compete for championships don’t have respect for their coach when he’s leading them to this shitty of a season. You still sound like a pussy.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Clevdawg said:

There are right ways and wrongs ways
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020263/uploads/editor/ug/o3oojwa5if45.gif

This is the right way. Being more physical than the other team is often the difference between losing and winning. Doing what Lake did does not make a player mentally or physically tough. Lake doesn’t have a system or a process and it shows in how the players treat him. He lost his shit. Players don’t fear him. Miami talked more shit than any other team. But when Jimmy Johnson walked by it was STFU. Irvin and BB talk about it all the time. They blame Erickson for letting that slide. As an leaser, Lake lost control. It’s not he needs to learn composure or comportment. He just doesn’t know what he is doing. So Road Dog 55, you sound like one of those collaboration 360 circle jerk review guys and like what Lake is all about. But he will never win Jack Shit. Kids on this team do not respect the coach. Watch Alabama player loses it on the side line on YouTube. Nick Saban never touched that kid M.Brown. That kid knew better. Saban kicked him off the team. Saban a pussy? Nope he is a leader. And now every Husky player knows the coach does it…… that means so can I ..

I’ve seen Saban absolutely light up back up guards that had a false start penalty in garbage time. Alabama was leading like 49-7 when it happened. I’ve seen it multiple times.

I hate Lake. I’ve wanted him fired since Montana. I said when he was hired that it was very unlikely he would be as good or better than Pete. It was a huge overreaction by Jimmy. Jimmy knows his offense sucks and was overly concerned about losing 15 yards of field position. He overreacted to the play when it was already over.

You are right about some things. The players that expected to compete for championships don’t have respect for their coach when he’s leading them to this shitty of a season. You still sound like a pussy.
    Go somewhere else with your reasonable takes. Jimmy needs to get fired for his systemic abuse of players.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021
    All I know is if it was a player putting his hands on a coach, his scholly would’ve been pulled and he would’ve been removed from the program yesterday.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    TheDude said:

Hey remember a few weeks ago when Mario climbed up Kris Hudson's ass for a dumb penalty before the half on national tv. Mario doesn't seem to be wondering if he will be fired. Win football games and there doesn't seem to be an issue

That was the one that proved Mario is a racist for dressing down a black kid in TV.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

All I know is if it was a player putting his hands on a coach, his scholly would’ve been pulled and he would’ve been removed from the program yesterday.

Marcus Peters says hi
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,908
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

The bigger this gets, the more it feels like a win. This is our 70-21
    So would this be considered a moral victory for udub fans?
    Are you fucking joking? This would be our single biggest victory since Utah in 18 P12CG. Moral victory? This would be 100x bigger than a fluke victory over Oregon ever would've been.
    Dude, I know. More of a joke than anything else. 81% of what I say is a joke. Keep it up and I’m going to blacken the other eye.

I will however vote you up for not using a % higher than 100%.
    However X100 is technically more than 100%