Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Montlake Madness

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Jamal Bey just lost a 3 point contest to "Jonathan from the Dawg Pack".

Hop era marches on!

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    "Erin from the Dawg Pack" also beat Bey.
  • Options
    picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The Throbber hasn't picked up a basketball in about 3 years. Pulled into the BIL's driveway a few weeks ago and the kids were playing grabass 10 year old pickup. Clapped for the ball and drained a shot from about 25 feet. Walk off. CSB.

Guaranteed - with two weeks back in the gym, The Throbber would take down half the Husky roster shooting treys. Couldn't run to half court and back but that shit is all muscle memory. And none of that crossface Obama bullshit. Textbook form.

Shooters shoot.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Textbook form.

Shooters shoot.

I grew up in the boonies of north Whidbey. Not much to do but build big ramps and nearly kill ourselves riding bikes over them (helmets and suspension had not yet been invented). When I was about 10, my dad had a slab poured to park the cars on. Made it twice as big so we could ball on the back half and installed a hoop. With nothing better to do, I fucked around with a ball and hoop at least three hours a day until I got to high school. It's hard not to get good when playing that much, and I did. Only problem was that I have small hands (ladies...) and weird things going on with the joints in my right arm, so, although highly effective, my shot always had a slight sideways spin on it. I tried and tried to correct my form, but couldn't. Summer between seventh and eighth grade, I gave up trying and just spent the whole summer practicing with my left hand. Took about the rest of the year for that hand to catch up and surpass.

I shoot left to this day. Only play once every year or two now, so I totally suck, but at least I have good form with the left hand. You're right, shooters shoot. The best shooters (apparently not me) are built to do it right.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Textbook form.

Shooters shoot.

I grew up in the boonies of north Whidbey. Not much to do but build big ramps and nearly kill ourselves riding bikes over them (helmets and suspension had not yet been invented). When I was about 10, my dad had a slab poured to park the cars on. Made it twice as big so we could ball on the back half and installed a hoop. With nothing better to do, I fucked around with a ball and hoop at least three hours a day until I got to high school. It's hard not to get good when playing that much, and I did. Only problem was that I have small hands (ladies...) and weird things going on with the joints in my right arm, so, although highly effective, my shot always had a slight sideways spin on it. I tried and tried to correct my form, but couldn't. Summer between seventh and eighth grade, I gave up trying and just spent the whole summer practicing with my left hand. Took about the rest of the year for that hand to catch up and surpass.

I shoot left to this day. Only play once every year or two now, so I totally suck, but at least I have good form with the left hand. You're right, shooters shoot. The best shooters (apparently not me) are built to do it right.
    Solution is the set shot Buford method pictured above. And for free throws:

• Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2021
    There is a massive difference between game shooters and practice shooters

Massive.

I shot 37% in my years of college ball from 3 point land but I bet I wasn’t even 50% shooting wide open practice shots. Because I mainly only practiced game shots. Hand in my face…run to baseline and back before shot. Come off a dummy screen. It’s about quick release, endurance and shooting well off balance. Those are game shots.

Dummy practice shots can be made by many so it’s no surprise if a random dog pack player beat Jamal Bey.

Big big difference between the two.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,806

Massive.

I shot 37% in my years of college ball from 3 point land but I bet I wasn’t even 50% shooting wide open practice shots. Because I mainly only practiced game shots. Hand in my face…run to baseline and back before shot. Come off a dummy screen. It’s about quick release, endurance and shooting well off balance. Those are game shots.

Dummy practice shots can be made by many so it’s no surprise if a random dog pack player beat Jamal Bey.

Some of us can (used to be able to) do both.

• Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Massive.

Very true. Always been a better shooter with someone guarding me as I don’t think. Just shoot

If I’m wide open I often think I can miss this.

Such is life. Kinda like shagging the hot chick with all the right moves but being heismaned by the easy one cause you take it for granted
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,264
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Massive.

Such is life. Kinda like shagging the hot chick with all the right moves but being heismaned by the easy one cause you take it for granted
    @dirtysouwfdawg

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,264
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2021