Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Road Games

In all seriousness, how much damage do you think Sark did to the program in terms of team mentality on the road. Do y'all think this is something that can be cured immediately by real coaching, or will the stink of the past hang on for say the first conference road game (which is mercifully Cal)? You always hear the "you have to learn how to win" trope, shit even Sark spit that one out. Just curious as to if anyone believes it. In this case, I'd say inexplicable game plans and shit calls put us in just as many awful situations as being generally unprepared. Then again, thinking that way makes me feel half doog.

Comments

• Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The first road game of the season is on October 18th.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Road gaymes....

Home gaymes....

Win them... IDGAF where they play ... Just win them...
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sark didn't start the road game lameness. That was there before him. He just did nothing to fix it.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    No, he couldn't win on the road with 3 good fooball teams. Ty ' s teams stunk. Plus he didn't just lose on the road, he lost embarrassingly. (see Stanford for starters). If he just kicked away from the best returner in the conference, twice, this might have been a rose bowl team last year. That game killed this team's confidence.

now to answer question. This team will have no fear of the road. Petersen's teams win on the road, in big games.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

No, he couldn't win on the road with 3 good fooball teams. Ty ' s teams stunk. Plus he didn't just lose on the road, he lost embarrassingly. (see Stanford for starters). If he just kicked away from the best returner in the conference, twice, this might have been a rose bowl team last year. That game killed this team's confidence.

now to answer question. This team will have no fear of the road. Petersen's teams win on the road, in big games.

Crisped
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Sark's teams were absolutely terrible on the road. Anything Coach Pete does will be an improvement.

Coach Pete's teams were 3-3 on the road vs. Top 25 teams which is pretty solid, but also figured a way to lose to Sark and Ty on the road.

UW should be 6-0 when he gets his 1st real road test on the 18th of Oct.

I will take Boobs advice and LIFPO.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sark's teams were absolutely terrible on the road. Anything Coach Pete does will be an improvement.

Coach Pete's teams were 3-3 on the road vs. Top 25 teams which is pretty solid, but also figured a way to lose to Sark and Ty on the road.

UW should be 6-0 when he gets his 1st real road test on the 18th of Oct.

I will take Boobs advice and LIFPO.

Sark had pretty much everything going g for him against Peterman. First game I'm the new stadium against the shittiest BSU team Pete has coached (their piss of the balcony QB was hot garbage). Sark didn't need to motivate the team to play that game... All the factors surrounding the game did that itself.

I remember BSU hanging in there but just not able to make that 1 big play, it happens. Saban got plungered by Lambo.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    UW's road play did take a step forward last year with the blowout against Oregon St and near win against Stanford, which was the best performance of the year according to the metrics. I'd bet the metrics have these as the two best road performances of Sark's tenure with USC 2010 #3. Heading into Stanford UW was confident and feeling good while the Oregon St game was almost do or die for Sark's career aspirations. Nevertheless, we can't discount the turd we laid at ASU and the half turd (uninspired, lackadaisical performance) against UCLA.

What we need to see this year is another step forward. Oregon, WSU, Arizona are the tough games. The road schedule is easier but the teams have a bigger home field advantage. The details and mental shit will be key when you are a slight favorite against Arizona and WSU. Arizona is really the key game as we've consistently laid turds there since 2007. Blowout Cal, Colorado, beat Arizona, close loss to Oregon would show a lot of progress on the road and its do able.

With a strong front 7 as well as a running QB, we'll have two things that we didn't have recently that will help a lot on the road.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have a short memory. I forgot about USC in 2010. Anyways, point still stands. Sark's teams sucked on the road and frequently laid an egg.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I remember that too and it baffled me.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have a short memory. I forgot about USC in 2010. Anyways, point still stands. Sark's teams sucked on the road and frequently laid an egg.

I remember Lane Kiffin not calling timeouts to give his team a shot after we were clearly in fg range. Thank you Kiffin.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,009
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sark didn't pull off one road upset in five years. The best road wins he had were against 5-7 Cal in 2010 and Utah in 2011. Not to mention getting blown out against the Arizona schools. I can't imagine that continuing under Peterman.

I would just love to be hanging around the stadium in Tuscon or Tempe by the 4th quarter. Haven't been able to do that much since RN.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,594
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ironic coming from the Road Dawg.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,011
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This didn't work out so well.