Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Help us Ana Mari Cauce. You're our only Hope. (Derek Johnson article)

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

More than once in the last week or two I've seen you've admirably maintained the free speech policy here while criticizing a post for crossing a line and, in doing so, weakening the argument. I'm paraphrasing, but, "Calling the university president a dyke or the AD a fat bitch isn't the tone you want if you want your argument taken seriously."

This article seems like something you'd like to be taken seriously, so I'd follow your own advice and ditch the Trump/Warren stuff, even in reference to what others might think. It's possible to prioritize academics way above football (the horror!) without it being a political thing. It's also possible to be a leftist woman who's in charge of a football machine, and we'll have the proof if the new Ohio State president doesn't drive that program off a cliff.

Yes it's possible, but it's more likely than not that a leftist woman is not going to be a football fan. But I appreciate your sincere feedback.
    What makes her a leftist? I haven't looked into her political background.
    She has stated that her worldview was largely shaped by her late brother, who was a communist activist. He was reportedly killed by white supremacists 30-40 years ago. She has written that when the Charlottesville thing happened about four years ago, it shocked her and made her recommit even further to diversity and equity in our society.
    I'm not sure that supporting diversity and equity makes you a leftist...
    It's clear you're going to argue no matter what.

I support equality among human beings, not equity of outcome. Two totally different things. Let's live in the real world.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    Founders Club
    Moved to the Oyster
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

More than once in the last week or two I've seen you've admirably maintained the free speech policy here while criticizing a post for crossing a line and, in doing so, weakening the argument. I'm paraphrasing, but, "Calling the university president a dyke or the AD a fat bitch isn't the tone you want if you want your argument taken seriously."

This article seems like something you'd like to be taken seriously, so I'd follow your own advice and ditch the Trump/Warren stuff, even in reference to what others might think. It's possible to prioritize academics way above football (the horror!) without it being a political thing. It's also possible to be a leftist woman who's in charge of a football machine, and we'll have the proof if the new Ohio State president doesn't drive that program off a cliff.

Yes it's possible, but it's more likely than not that a leftist woman is not going to be a football fan. But I appreciate your sincere feedback.
    She has stated that her worldview was largely shaped by her late brother, who was a communist activist. He was reportedly killed by white supremacists 30-40 years ago. She has written that when the Charlottesville thing happened about four years ago, it shocked her and made her recommit even further to diversity and equity in our society.
    pressing
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

It's clear you're going to argue no matter what.

I support equality among human beings, not equity of outcome. Two totally different things. Let's live in the real world.
    I don't intend to get into a back and forth, but just to be clear, that isn't my intention.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,547
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nothing wrong with diversity either - unless it is mandated by the government and institutions of lower education.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,407
    Swaye's Wigwam
    America is diverse and more so everyday

Demographics never fail

Whites won't be a majority much long

Worst white supremacists ever
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

If they actually believed in equity and diversity, you might have a point. But leftards lie and love to be lied to and the last thing a leftist wants is equity and diversity. You think they actually care about black lives? They have a slogan for that too.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    If I like my reds yellows and browns can I keep them?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

If I like my reds yellows and browns can I keep them?

Sure if you are a state university and they are segregated in individual safe places and racially segregated dorms.