Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sirmon

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,613
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
Should not be on the field. I would welcome manu with open arms right now.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Should not be on the field. I would welcome manu with open arms right now.

Unfortunately he should be playing at a place like Central
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I used to be astonished at how many guys on D get 3-4 yard involuntary rides by ball carriers as they drag them down for the tackle.

Now I am just used to it. #jockeyclub
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    UW’s best ILB is a walk-on.

Recruiting matters.
  • Options
    MRTMRT Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2021
    I know that some of you guys don't like positive comments too much, but I'm liking what I'm seeing from true freshman Carson Bruener.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MRT said:

I know that you guys don't like positive comments too much, but I'm liking what I'm seeing from true freshman Carson Bruener.

He looks like the second best option inside for sure. Also, I owe him a correction: Got him mixed up with Fowler. Bruener is a scholarship player.

The point stands, though: How is he already better than Heimuli, Tafisi, Sirmon, Tuputalu?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I said it in another thread before the game: What the hell has happened to the linebacker development? In 2016, when Victor or Bierria came off the field, you had DJ Beavers or an undersized but already very useful BBK or Sean Constantine come on. Of the three, Constantine was the highest rated recruit, and I'd put him right there with Sirmon. The other two were far better. Beavers was legit upper-tier in conference.

Now? One injury to the former walk-on starter, and you're running out another freshman walk-on and spelling him with an OLB moved inside. I'm not anti-walk-on, but what the fuck!? At this point, it's not just a lack of talent, it's a complete inability to develop players on the roster. This team has gotten fuck all out of Heimuli, Calvert, Ah You, Tuputalu, Tafisi, and Sirmon, and that has to be a feat that's downright hard to accomplish. Tuputala looked promising as a true freshman, but his few reps (only one I noticed) last night were a disaster. Heimuli looks totally lost. I actually believe that Sirmon is out there because he's the best option, which is infuriating. Even Eddie hasn't looked himself this year.

This program has driven off a cliff since 2018. The position group that imploded the hardest and fastest has been the linebackers. Fucking baffling.

What happened?

Bob Gregory recruiting
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Danny Hammer looked like refried dog shit last night.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Washingtons best LB is playing safety
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Yeah, I know we've been waiting gor him to replace Sirmon but he looked just as awful
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Yeah, I know we've been waiting gor him to replace Sirmon but he looked just as awful
    He looked lost and tentative. One thing thats been obvious with this staff is that the backups aren't getting any development whatsoever. I think they've struggled mightily getting the starters playing at a high level and have had to spend all their time trying, and failing, to do so. Backups are just lost.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Bob Gregory’s work on full display

So I'm not saying Gregory is the answer at DC, but holy fuck is the defense having to do everything for long periods of anemic offense.

With even a mediocre OC and offense they arent on the field for an entire first half
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,997
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MRT said:

I know that some of you guys don't like positive comments too much, but I'm liking what I'm seeing from true freshman Carson Bruener.

Way to read the room dumb fuck.

But yes, I saw a couple plays where he read the play faster than sirmon AND didn’t get juked out of his jock.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    #51 on defense was the only UW player that showed any fire whatsoever last night.

Our players' body language has that "I know our coaching sucks ass, so we're most likely gonna lose this game" look.

The players deserve competent coaching.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    digits said:

#51 on defense was the only UW player that showed any fire whatsoever last night.

Our players' body language has that "I know our coaching sucks ass, so we're most likely gonna lose this game" look.

The entire team showed fire wtf are you talking about . These guys are wining despite their coaches. They know their coaches suck ass but strap it up. Even D Mo said fuck this shit and went down field.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

digits said:

The entire team showed fire wtf are you talking about . These guys are wining despite their coaches. They know their coaches suck ass but strap it up. Even D Mo said fuck this shit and went down field.
    D Mo? JFC.