Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen to LSU

TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Woodward loves the guy, Plus, there is a DC on one team and almost an entire coaching staff on another team that will be looking for a new opportunity at the end of the season

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2021
    I don't see it.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    That would be entertaining but no
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    Founders Club
    edited October 2021
    Well I don’t really think it’s happening but the budget is there, the boosters are active so NIL funding is no problem, they have an AD with some power and recruiting is not a problem there

His kinder gentler approach doesn’t hurt him in that area and he can take the high road, arrange for payers to be paid legally and be in a conference that actively supports winning

He can hire top people to allow himself to have more of a life and be the face of the program from a recruiting standpoint

It’s a better job than USC from a payroll support standpoint, and the SEC footprint actively supports paying players (now legally) so the ax to grind about unequal ability to recruit goes away

From a burnout standpoint, at UW he was pushing a rock uphill from a budget and recruiting standpoint… a lot of that just goes away at LSU as just described
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I really can't fathom an amount of money that would get Pete to take an SEC job, especially at LSU.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The SEC is hard
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LA per capita is top-5 in the production of NFL players. Pete doesn't love recruiting so he wouldn't have to travel far for talent he never had a UW. I have in-laws there, huge Tiger fans, don't think Pete would be a good fit. Too WC laid back.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,503
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pilling on to the Pete isn't a fit at an SEC school other than Vanderbilt orgy pile. The only other places I honestly see Pete making sense is:

-Stanford - I think that would be an epic grand slam and fit and he's NorCal kid but Shaw isn't going anywhere soon as far as I can tell.
    -Going Back to Boise State, which I don't think he would does. It would be way harder to win there now. Why sully your pristine record.
    -Going back to Washington but only think he does that if he feels guilty about abandoning a bunch of kids and a program to have them bottom out.

Well...distant not unbelievable would be Cal (NorCal), USC, and UCLA (Not too hard to succeed, recruiting bases so you don't have to kill yourself, West Coast, academis to lean on UCLA.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Pete at LSU would be amazing and will never happen.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My sauces say Scott Woodward is looking to “produce” Jimbo Fisher steals the Brinks Truck II staring Lincoln Riley.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

Not happening. If Pete got burned out at fucking UW how is he going to handle SEC boosters.

I believe that he was burned out. He will coach again tho. The business leadership stuff was always pie in the sky bullshit. He’s a football coach.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    biak1 said:

Not happening. If Pete got burned out at fucking UW how is he going to handle SEC boosters.

SEC boosters pay Nick Saban's 100k a year mortgage.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,987
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

biak1 said:

I believe that he was burned out. He will coach again tho. The business leadership stuff was always pie in the sky bullshit. He’s a football coach.
    Agreed. And I think it reflects poorly on UW that it happened here.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    Swaye's Wigwam
    🎶L-I-N, C-O-LN, R-I-L-E-Y🎶 (to the Mickey Mouse song). Pool Boy fancy’s himself as a movie producer. I expect his second big budget blockbuster.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    peterman is competitive ... not ruthless.

while he could be successful in the sec it's not his mo.