Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The town I grew up in

BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,303
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited October 2021 in Tug Tavern
The rats have turned it into a hell hole. Congrats "keep Portland weird" assholes. You have turned it into Detroit X2.

This will be the most violent and deadliest year in the history of the state.

https://katu.com/news/local/man-says-he-no-longer-lives-in-portland-he-survives-in-portland

A man who lives within blocks of Friday morning’s deadly shooting says he has compiled a file of photos and videos of nearby shootings, including the video he took seconds after he was nearly shot.

"I’ve lived in Portland 35 years now, and I have never experienced the kind of gun violence that we’re seeing right now," the man, who did not want to be identified, said.

Friday morning’s shooting happened near Southeast 128th Avenue and Stark Street and left a man dead in a home.

And the Southeast Portland man is scared, as his world has been rocked with recent shootings.

"In the last three months, I have called 911 at least eight times regarding shootings within two blocks of my apartment,” he said, adding that he didn’t call for 50 other shootings during that same period.

Friday morning’s death was the 66th homicide this year, according to the Portland Police Bureau.

While the data methods have changed, PPB said 1987 is widely believed to have been Portland's deadliest year, roughly 70 homicides.

With three months left of 2021, it’s likely Portland will surpass that.

"Certainly we've seen gang violence is one big part of it, we've seen people who are involved in the drug trade," said PPB spokesman Sgt. Kevin Allen.

He added domestic violence and some random crimes are also some of the reasons for the shootings.

As for the man in Southeast Portland, he said he’s no longer living in Portland, he’s surviving in Portland.

https://katu.com/news/local/portland-passes-grim-milestone-of-1000-shootings-in-2021

Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell shared a grim milestone on Saturday: since the beginning of the year, there have been more than 1,000 shootings in the city.

The chief addressed this statistic in statements made on Twitter, calling Portland's gun violence "a terrible problem." He said these shootings are traumatic for the entire community.

PORTLAND, Ore. — Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell shared a grim milestone on Saturday: since the beginning of the year, there have been more than 1,000 shootings in the city.

This is a substantial jump compared to years past. KATU News did some digging to compare these numbers to previous years.

According to Portland Police Bureau shooting statistics: by this time last year, there were more than 600 recorded shootings, and by this time in 2019, there were around 300.

In all of 2019, there were more than 380 shootings.

In 2020, that number jumped to nearly 900 shootings for the year.

Comments