Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Keith Whitley

2»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,652
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The Throbber doesn't mind 'new country'

Luke Coombs, Luke Bryan, Darius Rucker, Lee Brice, Randy Houser - those are all terrific musicians/lyricists with damned good tunes. Bands like Old Dominion and Zac Brown Band - solid.

Can take it or leave it with Florida Georgia Line. They've got the formula -do a duet with one of the guys above and/or Nelly, get some crossover play. Ka ching.

Starting to get a little diversity in there with Kane Brown and Jimmie Allen -like those guys' jams too.

• Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Love the old country. The outlaws or Highwaymen etc. Reminds me of learning to hunt with my dad or older brother. Whitley was a special talent and would be as well known as George Strait, Randy Travis and the like had he been able to kick the bottle or just maintain. At least he had that prime Liri Morgan. That's worth about 10 years right there.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Love the old country. The outlaws or Highwaymen etc. Reminds me of learning to hunt with my dad or older brother. Whitley was a special talent and would be as well known as George Strait, Randy Travis and the like had he been able to kick the bottle or just maintain. At least he had that prime Liri Morgan. That's worth about 10 years right there.

Clint Black also pretty solid
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021
    SJW from the country music scene - antebellum is such a racist word especially when applied to architecture. Why did they change to Lady A?

They did this because Antebellum has connotations with the slavery era.
    The word is used to refer to the period and architecture in the US South before the Civil War.
    They say they took the name from the architectural style, but are now "deeply sorry for the hurt this has caused".
    The trio - Hillary Scott, Charles Kelley and Dave Haywood - made the announcement they were changing their name on Twitter, with a lengthy statement.

The group’s first album came out in 2008, and included the Grammy-winning No. 1 country hit I Run To You, then it achieved crossover success on the pop charts with the nine-times platinum Need You Now.
    In a statement on Twitter, they said their eyes had been opened to "the injustices, inequality and biases black women and men have always faced" and "blindspots we didn't even know existed".

They originally took their name from the antebellum style of home after taking their first band photos in front of one such house almost 14 years ago. Their statement said: "As musicians, it reminded us of all the music born in the South that influenced us.But we are regretful and embarrassed to say that we did not take into account the associations that weigh down this word referring to the period of history before the Civil War, which includes slavery.

"We are deeply sorry for the hurt this has caused and for anyone who has felt unsafe, unseen or unvalued.
    "Causing pain was never our hearts' intention, but it doesn't change the fact that indeed, it did just that."

Antebellum
    : existing before a war
    especially : existing before the American Civil War
    antebellum houses
    the antebellum South

Not being black or from the south I guess I was stupid not associating antebellum with slavery. I always thought it just meant before the war. any war

Edit: if they were smart they would have changed their name to Lady Post Bellum
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    They are giant pussies.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Clint Black also pretty solid
    Always about the Blacks