Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HH legend sells the couch

Comments

• El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,085
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There was an interview on Conan and there was an Olympic female snowboarder talking about something

Olympic female snowboarder : “multiple black guys landing on my butt, a lot. It took a little while
    Norm : being crippled?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021

Lenny Bruce was an anti establishment comic who paid a price for it. So he gets credit for that

I've never seen even a tape of his act.

This was Dustin Hoffman's girlfriend in the movie

Mrs. Maisel and Lenny Bruce mind fucked one another.

Hell, they may have actually fucked one another for all I know. The Throbber falls asleep during that show.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    “I don’t need your buddy Bill Maher telling me I’m an idiot.”
    https://youtu.be/ou3-zq-qHJo
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    What? No kind words from Andy Richter, the swedish german?
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    Swaye's Wigwam

First off, I'm catching this news right now in real time. Second, I don't want to go to battle over who's the biggest Norm fan, but I've been spreading the gospel for decades. This is the first HH "sells the couch" thread that's actually made me sad. I'm not exaggerating at all that Norm Macdonald is in my top-5 comedians of all time. Not only is he (fight me) the best late night talk show guest of all time (and it's not even close), but his stand-up is incredible. If you haven't watched Me Doing Stand-Up, watch it. Buy it, find it, pirate it, whatever. Fuck, if you can't find it, let me know, and I'll PM you a link.

Best Weekend Update anchor, and it's not close. Movies were campy but way underrated. Low key amazing standup.

This one hit hard.

My top 3/5 too. Robin Williams, Norm, Uh, trails off quick after that. Brilliant, subversive, insightful and still a certain genuine humanity too.
    You can add Dave Chappelle to that, but that's about it
    Chapelle is a national treasure. Norm......I dont even consider him funny in the least. Cringeworthy maybe but not a true talent like Chappelle.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

First off, I'm catching this news right now in real time. Second, I don't want to go to battle over who's the biggest Norm fan, but I've been spreading the gospel for decades. This is the first HH "sells the couch" thread that's actually made me sad. I'm not exaggerating at all that Norm Macdonald is in my top-5 comedians of all time. Not only is he (fight me) the best late night talk show guest of all time (and it's not even close), but his stand-up is incredible. If you haven't watched Me Doing Stand-Up, watch it. Buy it, find it, pirate it, whatever. Fuck, if you can't find it, let me know, and I'll PM you a link.

Best Weekend Update anchor, and it's not close. Movies were campy but way underrated. Low key amazing standup.

This one hit hard.

My top 3/5 too. Robin Williams, Norm, Uh, trails off quick after that. Brilliant, subversive, insightful and still a certain genuine humanity too.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I’m going to confess I always thought young Norm McDonald was a total cutie. Not Raaawwwwrrr-worthy but I still had a crush on him.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

This one hit hard.

Chapelle is a national treasure. Norm......I dont even consider him funny in the least. Cringeworthy maybe but not a true talent like Chappelle.
    Dude was funny
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,718
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This one hit hard.

I don't disagree. I just didn't say anything because he died recently. Flag away.