Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

manny diaz done?

i know uw is in a shitty spot but miami is full on off the fuckin rails*.

no, not 'doing rails,' yes, i know its miami but again, football team sucks.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

i know uw is in a shitty spot but miami is full on off the fuckin rails*.

no, not 'doing rails,' yes, i know its miami but again, football team sucks.
    Uh, Washington lost to Montana.
    Founders Club

I’m hearing they love racist white hispanics down in Florida.

@trublue @flatus @creepycoug @DJDuck @Ballz

Sounds like something PurpleJ would say
  • coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Will be schiano or Mario. Schiano a better coach, Mario a better recruiter. Will be chinteresting
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,057
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

Will be schiano or Mario. Schiano a better coach, Mario a better recruiter. Will be chinteresting

I think it will cost Miami around 30 million before they can even negotiate another contract with Crisco unless there’s some kind of clause
  • flatusflatus Member Posts: 871
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

I’m hearing they love racist white hispanics down in Florida.

@trublue @flatus @creepycoug @DJDuck @Ballz

Whew, good to know. That should take Cristobal out of the running.
  • flatusflatus Member Posts: 871
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

The timing is wrong for Mario. He still needs to get plungered by Alabama in the CFP title game at least once before he leaves Oregon.

He leaves now and all of his top 5 recruiting classes are for nought and there's no guarantee he'll do well at Miami. Oregon has better facilities, stadium, fans, money...the list goes on. If all he wants is a bigger paycheck and running home to mommy then he might go. I don't think he's that shallow but we'll see.

He should wait for the next Miami coach to get fired (3-5 years, I guarantee they'll continue to suck), then go home.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    flatus said:

ntxduck said:

The timing is wrong for Mario. He still needs to get plungered by Alabama in the CFP title game at least once before he leaves Oregon.

He leaves now and all of his top 5 recruiting classes are for nought and there's no guarantee he'll do well at Miami. Oregon has better facilities, stadium, fans, money...the list goes on. If all he wants is a bigger paycheck and running home to mommy then he might go. I don't think he's that shallow but we'll see.

He should wait for the next Miami coach to get fired (3-5 years, I guarantee they'll continue to suck), then go home.
    I actually think schiano would do really well. Piece of shit person but he can coach like a mfer
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2021
    Miami needed to wait a couple more years to collapse. Mario's classes are now just starting to become upper classmen, and he has the potential for a top 3 national class in 2023. There's too much momentum, and a guaranteed pay bump at the end of this year for him to consider the Miami job. I think Oregon will have to be in the playoffs a couple times before he feels satisfied enough to leave.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It would seem weird for someone succeeding at Oregon to leave for Miami right now, but us old folks remember what they can be. Miami rolling is on a level that Oregon will never approach.

I don't see it though. Too much to risk given the trajectory Oregon appears to be on. Maybe if they fizzle and finish with a few losses...
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

It would seem weird for someone succeeding at Oregon to leave for Miami right now, but us old folks remember what they can be. Miami rolling is on a level that Oregon will never approach.

I don't see it though. Too much to risk given the trajectory Oregon appears to be on. Maybe if they fizzle and finish with a few losses...

Well, if they offered Meathead $10 million a year and he and his wife really wanted to live in Coral Gables over Eugene, then it would make sense. Otherwise, there is no reason to leave Oregon, obviously.
  • coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mario has accomplished all he can at Oregon. That much is evident.

Miami has the ability to win titles, and it’s just a question of whether they think Mario is actually good enough or not.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Well, if they offered Meathead $10 million a year and he and his wife really wanted to live in Coral Gables over Eugene, then it would make sense. Otherwise, there is no reason to leave Oregon, obviously.
    Well jeez, yeah.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Who the fuck cares.

All I care about is if Mario is gonna give jimmy the ass plunger and if Jen is going to get motorboated ..... Fucking program ...
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

flatus said:

ntxduck said:

I actually think schiano would do really well. Piece of shit person but he can coach like a mfer
    Art Briles shall be his OC. Clempson of the East.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    A felony for parking and speeding ticket accumulation. FML
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Unless you are totally desperate (like UW with hiring Sark), I prefer to hire coaches who already learned to be a head coach elsewhere.

Manny Diaz has been learning on the job at Miami and it's not going very well.