Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some watch shots

Comments

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Turning 40 has its perks! Got to pick up my Tudor Black Bay 58 last night from the local AD. All I'd owned prior to this were Seikos and G-Shocks, which I still love, but the Tudor is (obviously) on a whole 'nother level. Just the feel of the steel is different different, let alone the precision of the machining, polish, how the clasp operates, the action of the bezel, etc being beyond what I thought it would be. Jumping from a 3Hz to 4Hz movement is also a big difference. Sorry for the huge pictures.

Great photos, makes me want. Congrats!
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Fuck you Swaye, with all due respect.

This is a dangerous hobby.

Imma gonna stick to my mid-life crisis hobby of buying kettlebells and SARMs.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

@YellowSnow Enjoying my drink and BB58 while watching my Dwags.

#goArkieLite

My new luxury floors looking good. Kitchen gets demolished tomorrow.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Nice watch, but IMO Coke always > Pepsi.

@Swaye why did Rolex quit making the Coke GMT?
  • spudenspuden Member Posts: 353
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don’t disagree with you, it’s a Coke originally and I prefer the Coke. But the beauty of the removable inserts is I can change it back to a Coke whenever I want.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Well they started with the Pepsi 60+ years ago, then brought out a Coke 20+ years after the Pepsi, then added an all black after that, then added the black and blue less than 10 years ago. And discontinued the Coke and all black. Just Rolex being Rolex. It will be back at some future point you can bet on it.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Well they started with the Pepsi 60+ years ago, then brought out a Coke 20+ years after the Pepsi, then added an all black after that, then added the black and blue less than 10 years ago. And discontinued the Coke and all black. Just Rolex being Rolex. It will be back at some future point you can bet on it.
    When I inherit my Dad’s Coke and some point it doesn’t come with an extra Pepsi Bazel. FML.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021
    I was trying to purchase some apple pen tips from the Apple store but the line was so ridiculously long I decided to abandon that plan and wander into the nearby local AD.

As expected there wasn't a single watch in any of the cases and I was sorta awkwardly standing in the middle of the room without purpose when the store manager came up to me to see what I wanted.

I jokingly ask if they had any ss sport models available and he laughs, tells me no, and we start casually talking about watches.

I'm dropping enough knowledge to let him know I'm a serious collector when he hits me with a "if you could get one, what would it be?"

I say I'm sure when you ask that the answer you receive from every douche bag is"sub", but I recently bought a 44mm Panerai and liked the look of a bigger watch so the DeepSea intrigued me.

He tells me it's spoken for but he has one in the back if I'd like to try it on.

Here we go.

Next thing I know I'm at the table going over all the details and bullshiting for 45 minutes. I know it's impossible to walk in and out and get a SS sportsmodel without previous purchasing history, so I thank him and offer up my number to consider me in the future.

He says, "That's cool and all but I'm just going to offer you this one here".

Through a combination of luck, Doog charm, and nerd watch knowledge I cracked the code.

Big, ostentatious, classic sub style, yet not as commonplace. The DeepSea is a monster I plan to keep for the long haul:

At AD shot

Standard boogaloo pocket shot

Standard Lume shot

Standard I-5, 90mph, hooker, blow, while posting shot

Founders Club
    Epic watch and a great story.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I was trying to purchase some apple pen tips from the Apple store but the line was so ridiculously long I decided to abandon that plan and wander into the nearby local AD.

As expected there wasn't a single watch in any of the cases and I was sorta awkwardly standing in the middle of the room without purpose when the store manager came up to me to see what I wanted.

I jokingly ask if they had any ss sport models available and he laughs, tells me no, and we start casually talking about watches.

I'm dropping enough knowledge to let him know I'm a serious collector when he hits me with a "if you could get one, what would it be?"

I say I'm sure when you ask that the answer you receive from every douche bag is"sub", but I recently bought a 44mm Panerai and liked the look of a bigger watch so the DeepSea intrigued me.

He tells me it's spoken for but he has one in the back if I'd like to try it on.

Here we go.

Next thing I know I'm at the table going over all the details and bullshiting for 45 minutes. I know it's impossible to walk in and out and get a SS sportsmodel without previous purchasing history, so I thank him and offer up my number to consider me in the future.

Through a combination of luck, Doog charm, and nerd watch knowledge I cracked the code.

Big, ostentatious, classic sub style, yet not as commonplace. The DeepSea is a monster I plan to keep for the long haul:

At AD shot

Standard Lume shot

You left out the act of fellatio on the AD.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Doogles said:

Here we go.

At AD shot

Standard Lume shot

Anytime you buy a Rolex from an AD it’s implied.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Here we go.

At AD shot

Standard Lume shot

The gift of gobble.
    Founders Club
    Got this a month ago or so in a private sale. Forgot to post it. Not much to say about it. It's a blue 5711. Epic.

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Got this a month ago or so in a private sale. Forgot to post it. Not much to say about it. It's a blue 5711. Epic.

To poor to afford the green dial? I keed, I keed. Epic watch.