Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ILB Recruiting

Even considering the following
-Calvert, Latu, and Ah You couch sales
-Serious injury to Tuputala
-Sirmon is Manu 2.0

Ektard says we're not actively recruiting any ILBs and there is a chance Ah You comes back so they won't need one in this class. JFC this is dereliction of duty. Fuck these lazy ass coaches.

Comments

• dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Even considering the following
    -Calvert, Latu, and Ah You couch sales
    -Serious injury to Tuputala
    -Sirmon is Manu 2.0

Ektard says we're not actively recruiting any ILBs and there is a chance Ah You comes back so they won't need one in this class. JFC this is dereliction of duty. Fuck these lazy ass coaches.

You obviously have no idea about the development prowess of Lake and Gregory. All we need are walk ons at every position.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Whats recruiting anyways?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Also says we're taking 0 defensive linemen. So in 3 recruiting classes, we'd be taking a total of 2 DL (excluding the mormon kid who delayed his enrollment)
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 992
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    As long as he didn't put his position coach in a headlock I say bring him in.

Isn't that UW's standard for edgy players?

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2021
    They moved Bruener to ILB and could move Cooper McDonald to ILB if need be as well. Besides Ah You, there may be an outside chance Will Latu comes back.

UW should be recruiting a badass HS linebacker who can play 3 downs. Target just 1 at least.

Calvert hasn't played for Utah in 2021 but at least Brandon McKinney has played pretty well:

https://deseret.com/2021/9/24/22688196/utes-utes-transfers-tj-pledger-chris-curry-have-yet-to-produce-and-charlie-brewer-has-transferred
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Also says we're taking 0 defensive linemen. So in 3 recruiting classes, we'd be taking a total of 2 DL (excluding the mormon kid who delayed his enrollment)

Sounds like recipe for success
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

They moved Bruener to ILB and could move Cooper McDonald to ILB if need be as well. Besides Ah You, there may be an outside chance Will Latu comes back.

UW should be recruiting a badass HS linebacker who can play 3 downs. Target just 1 at least.

Calvert hasn't played for Utah in 2021 but at least Brandon McKinney has played pretty well:

https://deseret.com/2021/9/24/22688196/utes-utes-transfers-tj-pledger-chris-curry-have-yet-to-produce-and-charlie-brewer-has-transferred

Calvert is behind an all American fwiw.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2021
    I used to worry about stuff like this but now I realize that hey, this is Washington, we are a juggernaut and we just reload with walkons and portal players as needed... no worries.

This is like the moment when physicists realized that time is merely an illusion.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Instead of having a motivational speaker on staff, maybe JL should hire a MIT Cap Guy who can run the numbers to show him this plan of attack is not a winning strategy.

JFC I will never figure out how epically bad Roster Management is under the Boise Tree. Pete was not good at it, but compared to Lake looks like Saban at Bama.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

We took 3 DL last year.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

We took 3 DL last year.
    You're right, I forgot about Finau. You still have the issue of stacking all your players into one class like we had with ILB a few years ago.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Zero recruiting momentum is going to be Jimmy’s ultimate downfall … he doesn’t have any real cards to turn this around
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Zero recruiting momentum is going to be Jimmy’s ultimate downfall … he doesn’t have any real cards to turn this around

I believe this too but the one hope is Helton. SC recruiting completely bottomed out for basically the same reasons ours has (coaches not giving a shit), then Helton got scared he was losing his job, fired some assistants, hired some new ones and all of a sudden SC could recruit again.

Obviously easier to pull off at SC than UW butt it can be done. Butt it requires Lake feeling real heat, a willingness to admit he fucked up, enough sack to fire people he's worked with a long time, and the ability to identify and hire the right assistants.

TL; DR: We're fucked.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I believe this too but the one hope is Helton. SC recruiting completely bottomed out for basically the same reasons ours has (coaches not giving a shit), then Helton got scared he was losing his job, fired some assistants, hired some new ones and all of a sudden SC could recruit again.

Obviously easier to pull off at SC than UW butt it can be done. Butt it requires Lake feeling real heat, a willingness to admit he fucked up, enough sack to fire people he's worked with a long time, and the ability to identify and hire the right assistants.

I thought that was more the new AD who orchestrated those staff moves and not Helton. When he came in they couldn't afford to fire Helton so they cleaned house on the staff and brought in a bunch of recruiters. I don't think Helton had any ties to any of the new coaches.

We could do something similar but our AD is Jen Cohen.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I thought that was more the new AD who orchestrated those staff moves and not Helton. When he came in they couldn't afford to fire Helton so they cleaned house on the staff and brought in a bunch of recruiters. I don't think Helton had any ties to any of the new coaches.

We could do something similar but our AD is Jen Cohen.
    This is why we are ultimately doomed.