Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anthony Brown (Deserves own thread)

greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
I agree with a lot of the pundits when thy day AB makes good decisions. He does. In the sense that he doesn't take unnecessary risks and doesn't turn the ball over. However, I have seen Oregon receivers blow by defenders all season, and Brown continuously misses the mark. There have been 7-8 TDs missed because of inaccuracy on the part of AB.

The decision making gives AB a very high floor, but because of his limitations on his accuracy and arm strength, his ceiling is also not much higher than that floor. AB in a sense is a great game manager. He won't lose Oregon games, but if Oregon ever gets a double digit deficit, I don't think he can bring them back either. From the little I've seen in Ty Thompson, this kid looks to be the part. He is more accurate, has a cannon for an arm, and is still a plus in mobility. I don't see how Oregon makes the CFP with Brown under center. There will be a game or two, that our quarterback will need to be exceptional for us? to win. Brown can't do that. Ty Thompson in my opinion can.

Comments

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,540 Standard Supporter
    The entire program under Crystalballs is high floor low ceiling.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    When AB drops back my confidence level for a positive outcome is about a 4 out of 10 that something good will happen. If it's to convert a 3rd and 12, it's a 2.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,323
    I am ok with him for now... while TT still watches, but if he plays like he did the last two weeks he needs a short leash
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,636

I agree with a lot of the pundits when thy day AB makes good decisions. He does. In the sense that he doesn't take unnecessary risks and doesn't turn the ball over. However, I have seen Oregon receivers blow by defenders all season, and Brown continuously misses the mark. There have been 7-8 TDs missed because of inaccuracy on the part of AB.

The decision making gives AB a very high floor, but because of his limitations on his accuracy and arm strength, his ceiling is also not much higher than that floor. AB in a sense is a great game manager. He won't lose Oregon games, but if Oregon ever gets a double digit deficit, I don't think he can bring them back either. From the little I've seen in Ty Thompson, this kid looks to be the part. He is more accurate, has a cannon for an arm, and is still a plus in mobility. I don't see how Oregon makes the CFP with Brown under center. There will be a game or two, that our quarterback will need to be exceptional for us? to win. Brown can't do that. Ty Thompson in my opinion can.

Imagine writing all of that about Anthony Brown Jr.

Didn’t read it. He sucks.
  • ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    edited October 2021
    We have a two week break. Perfect opportunity to install an offense for TT. Brown is fucking cooked. He is hardly a game manager, and not at all a weapon.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,636
    edited October 2021
    ramenduck said:

We have a two week break. Perfect opportunity to install an offense for TT. Brown is fucking cooked. He is hardly a game manager, and not at all a weapon.

Things are going to have to get a lot worse than this before he makes that move.

But god damn it he sucks. How did this guy throw for 4000 yards at BC?
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    ramenduck said:

Do not underestimate the pig headed stubbornness of MC to double down on sticking with AB.

• ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734

ramenduck said:

Things are going to have to get a lot worse than this before he makes that move.

But god damn it he sucks. How did this guy throw for 4000 yards at BC?
    Anyone can throw for 4000 yards if you give them 3 seasons to do it.